Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dpreppy

Fast Weight Loss????

Rate this Entry
Wow I had surgery last Tuesday and am losing weight at crazy speeds.....NOT that I am complaining but I was wondering if anyone else experienced this? I am guessing it is because I am on a liquid diet and not a pizza diet LOL Any thoughts? I feel great so I know I am getting enough food and liquid. My energy is up and I'm back to work?!?!?

Submit "Fast Weight Loss????" to Digg Submit "Fast Weight Loss????" to del.icio.us Submit "Fast Weight Loss????" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fast Weight Loss????" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I had some rapid weightloss myself. My surgery weight was 239 and 3 weeks later I was 205. I was freaking out!! It was a lot so quick but now I am at week 6.5 and I have been stalled for 2 weeks now, but that is ok, my body and my mind all need to chatch up to each other. You will also slow down for a while so don't be surprised or feel your doing something wrong. From what I have read it normal. Congratulations on your weightloss so far!
    Congrats on the rapid weight loss! Enjoy the ride as it will likely slow down. This is a major change for your body. At this point your body is just trying it's best to get back to normal. I think this is wonderful for you because it cuts down on buyer's remorse and nothing spells motivation like quick results!

Best of luck on your continued journey.
    Congrats. I had my surgery 9-12 and I'm down 21 pounds today. Liquid protein and no more than 20 grams of carbs per day. Keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by seandoyle
    Congrats. I had my surgery 9-12 and I'm down 21 pounds today. Liquid protein and no more than 20 grams of carbs per day. Keep it up!
    You had surgery 5 days ago and are down 21? That's pretty quick, I hope I have these results
    I lost really fast the first three weeks, like a pound a day, and it totally freaked me out. Then I hit a stall where I lost nothing for about 2 weeks and now it has seemed to balance out to 2-3 pounds a week. Just keep pushing through sticking to your diet and exercise plan and it will all average out. Enjoy the scale moving in the right direction! :-)
    Those of you who are new here please understand that, in general, men and high BMI patients lose faster than women and low BMI patients. Eventually, almost everyone "enjoys" stalls and has to learn how to weather them or switch things up.

One guy here about 6 months in had a 3-month stall, while "doing everything right," then (while continuing to "do everything right") dramatically lost 40 pounds the 4th month. Now, that's persistence!

The point is not how fast you are losing, but that you are daily eating 60-80 grams of protein, drinking at least 64 ounces of water, moving more and more, and taking your meds and that you are doing this consistently. The weight will come off at the speed it comes off.
    Thanks everyone for the feed back! I am now nine days out from my surgery and this morning I am 26 pounds down. After calling my doctor he said its all normal and some people loss very fast then slow down. I am so excited I made this decision and love this new site I found that I can bounce ideas off everyone.