Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Caro

2 weeks 1 day post surgery

Rate this Entry
I am having a stall at the moment with my weight loss but thats ok as I've lost 9 kilos now already in just 2 weeks. I am onto mushy pureed baby type foods and I'm loving it. I made myself some salmon patties yesterday and they were delicious. Albeit the 3 bites I could have. I also steamed a chicken breast and blended it up small and add it too my soups to make sure to get plenty of protein. I make a delicious greek yogurt/soymilk berries shake for breakfast which I add unflavoured sugar free protein powder too, I can normally drink about a quarter of a cup. This site has some amazing shake recipes which I add protein powder too
http://nadialim.com/recipe-category/...and-smoothies/

On average I am drinking about a litre of water a day and then on top of that I have 2 cups of tea that I sip on during the day plus the fluid I am getting from the soup I have. My biggest complaint is the random pain in my left shoulder just pops up every now and again and its a killer.

I tried taking the chewable multi vitamin and it made me feel unwell for about 2 hours. The 2 B12 iron tablets that dissolve on my tongue are fine so I will take them daily but not the other.

I had my first day back at work yesterday and struggled with concentration and energy for the first few hours but once I got a bit of liquid and protein into me the afternoon was fine. Overall I find my energy levels are much higher in the afternoon which is unusual for me but I figure it is taking half a day for me to get enough fluids in me from overnight to get me going again.

I am still sticking to no dairy other than cottage cheese and greek yogurt and no refined sugar. In fact I've signed up to do a 30 day challenge of no refined sugars for the month of september here

http://www.liveitdoit.com.au/

I use either soy milk or almond milk in my cups of tea. I am still not able to face coffee at all which is kind of hilarious as I was the biggest coffee snob ever and only drank the best and nicest of brewed coffee drinks and now just the thought of coffee makes me sick.

If I do crave some thing sweet I will have 1 teaspoon of Vitarium sugar free chocolate drinking powder in quarter of cup of soy milk, normally I cant finish it but I enjoy the 2 or 3 sips I drink.

My incisions have all healed nicely still have a bit of bruising around the larger one.

Still sleeping propped up with a triangle pillow mostly because of my shoulder more than anything but I am sleeping ok and getting some good sleep.

No one has commented on my weight loss yet and given no one knows that I have had the surgery I guess it may take losing another 10 kilos before people begin to notice.

So that's me at 2 weeks 1 day post op!

Submit "2 weeks 1 day post surgery" to Digg Submit "2 weeks 1 day post surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "2 weeks 1 day post surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 weeks 1 day post surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank you for your wonderful post. I have yet to be sleeved. Hope you have a wonderful journey. I look forward to further posts.