Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Monique

Hit the One's!!! Whooohooo!

Rate this Entry
I can 't believe it - but for the first time in my adult life, I'm below 200 pounds! I was sleeved 6 months ago and everything is still going well.

For those of you who are struggling through the first few months, take hope, it does get better, you do get to eat more variety of foods and you WILL lose the weight!

I've been struggling with my weight since I was 16... tried everything to lose the weight and never would get below 210... well I'm at 194 now and still moving down. I'm only 11 pounds from 100 pounds lost and 34 pounds from goal.

I'm not rushing it, just sticking with the plan and letting it work for me.
This has been the best thing I've ever done.

Yes, my long hair is thinning a bit. Yes, I have wrinkles in places where my fat kept me "plump", but I wouldn't trade this weight loss for anything. I am doing the stairs at work and still able to breathe, I'm outside in the heat and don't sweat near as much...if I want a bite of something, I take it. That usually reminds me that no food tastes good enough to binge on and I can turn to something more healthy for me.

Life is good!
Monique

Submit "Hit the One's!!!  Whooohooo!" to Digg Submit "Hit the One's!!!  Whooohooo!" to del.icio.us Submit "Hit the One's!!!  Whooohooo!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hit the One's!!!  Whooohooo!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank you for those words of encouragement. I too hope at 6 months out to be just as excited as you are. I am only 3 weeks out so my excitement is not very high. lol

Congrats!!! I love reading posts like these.

Laura
    sounds great I have 2 weeks to my surgery and I can't wait to be losing weight.
    Rock that sleeve girl! Welcome to onederland!
    Feels good, doesn't it? You are doing great and look so happy.
    Fabulous!! My surgery is August 19th and I so look forward to being able to share just as you have!! You and I have so much in common....including knitting
    Monique, so glad to hear that things are going well. Can you believe we've been sleeved six months already??!!
    Monique - congratulations girl! I like your post! I have the same philosophy about "sticking to the plan and letting it work for me!" Isn't it awesome?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi605
    Fabulous!! My surgery is August 19th and I so look forward to being able to share just as you have!! You and I have so much in common....including knitting
    A fellow Knitter! that's great! As you get ready for your surgery, remember that attitude is everything. You will have some really, really rough days. But each day ends and a new day will bring new choices and a new opportunity to work the plan!

Be prepared, the first couple of months are NO FUN! You will mourn being able to eat what you want, when you want it. You will have occasions where you would normally eat and you can't anymore. You'll even 'cheat' and not get the satisfaction of that bite of cake that you used to. Wow... that's how skinny people have it. You'll have times when you don't feel good, when you have to rush to the sink or toilet (whatever is nearer), where you start hiccuping in the middle of a meeting at work...

But, you will also be going to your favorite dress shop and fitting into sizes you've never dreamed of before. People will start noticing and complimenting you and your husbands friends will start telling him how "hot" you are! LOL

Best of luck to you!
    Monique
    Wow, congrads! The 100's, how great you must feel right now.
    Monique, Love your statement "attitude is everything". Guess that says it all.