Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

julesdeck

11 Weeks - Changes

Rate this Entry
So 11 weeks ago I had my sleeve. I am down a total of 52 lbs and 28.5"! This week was a huge boost for me. Couldn't even tell you what I did different, nothing really comes to mind, but my body was like "heck we don't need these 4.2 lbs...see ya" LOL .....anyway, I had noticed a lot of changes this week, here are a few:

1. I can put my pants on and bend down to tie my shoes without getting out of breath.
2. I shave my legs in a lot less time as there are a lot less leg to shave and I can twist to get the backs of the legs. Big win in my opinion!
3. Needed new shoes, new undies, and a new bra
4. People are looking at me funny, like cocking their heads as if they know something is different but don't want to ask. I pretend like nothing at all is new. It is fun. I'm not going to lie.
5. My attitude at work is different. I am working on reducing my stress levels. Not always successful, but noticing improvements.
6. I love walking, exercising, riding my horse, etc. It used to feel like such a chore to go to the barn and a punishment to work out. Now it is an every day event and when I don't do something physical, I get cranky....like really cranky!!!

These are great changes in my opinion. Still see the same old me in the mirror, but logically I know that it isn't. This has been another great, successful week. Looking forward to the next one!

Submit "11 Weeks - Changes" to Digg Submit "11 Weeks - Changes" to del.icio.us Submit "11 Weeks - Changes" to StumbleUpon Submit "11 Weeks - Changes" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hope my attitude and success match up with yours. Getting sleeved August 29, hopefully. Keep up the great work, just put one foot in front of the other. Cant wait to read more post of your great progress! Be Happy!
    Hi Jules - that's great - my weight loss has slowed a lot lately. This week only 1 lb and I'm bummed out by it. Any ideas? Do you keep track of calories?
    That's amazing! I hope I am as successful as you are! My surgery date is aug 21st.
    Quote Originally Posted by suzn358
    Hi Jules - that's great - my weight loss has slowed a lot lately. This week only 1 lb and I'm bummed out by it. Any ideas? Do you keep track of calories?
    I measured myself before my journey and continue to do so every Wednesday. 2 weeks ago I only lost 1/2 lb but a lot of inches, so still very successful. It helps keep me motivated. I use myfitnesspal to keep track of myself.
    Nice! Congrats on all your victories!
    Quote Originally Posted by suzn358
    May I ask how much you had to lose and how much you have lost already? I haven't decided to have sleeve or RNY. I see some people loose 200 pounds with sleeve then other people not. Medical reviews say it is slower than RNY but if people are losing large amounts then I think it sounds safer to sleeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janiebelle
    May I ask how much you had to lose and how much you have lost already? I haven't decided to have sleeve or RNY. I see some people loose 200 pounds with sleeve then other people not. Medical reviews say it is slower than RNY but if people are losing large amounts then I think it sounds safer to sleeve.
    My highest weight was 250 lbs and I'm 5'3" 43 years old. My doctor's goal for me is 155 lbs and my personal goal is 138 lbs, however, I do have measurement goals and if I meet those and weigh more, I'm ok with that. It just means I am lean muscle....can't wait for that day!! Anyway....I'm happy with my progress even though I wish it was a bit quicker (who doesn't right?) however, it will seriously reduce the amount of sagging skin so I'm told. Working out, drinking water, taking my vitamins like a champ, and keeping that lean protein a focus will keep me going in the right direction. Only you and your doctor can make the decision between the 2 surgeries. I only had high blood pressure to contend with as far as a co-morbidity and that dropped the day after surgery. It was amazing! No matter which you choose, you have to make all of the changes to keep the weight off for life. I would imagine the focuses would be similar to us sleevers. Good luck with your decision.