Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KatieR

Mood Swings

Rate this Entry
Well folks, I spent yesterday wallowing in a dark cloud of depression, and today I am super excited. So silly. I have been doing quite a bit of reading on this blessing of a site and it seems that my pre-op mood swings are fairly normal.

My reason for this post is that I found a tool for picking myself up out of my rut, and maybe it will help you too I went on instagram and searched #vsginstacrew and #gastricsleeve etc etc and looked all over the internet for before and after pics. This is such an inspirational thing to do! The before and after's on this page are fantastic as well.

It's very hard to imagine that I may have my very own before and after pics to share before long. I've never EVER been thin, I have literally been quite plump since I was a toddler. This whole concept is so foreign. I need to focus on that, instead of the fear.

If you are having crazy pre-op emotional ups and downs, seriously give it a try. Get inspired.

I think this evening after dinner I might make a list of treats for when I meet goals. Things like getting my hair done once I exit the 200's or something like that.

Submit "Mood Swings" to Digg Submit "Mood Swings" to del.icio.us Submit "Mood Swings" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mood Swings" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You understand why this is happening, right?
    I have a few ideas, what's your take on the matter?
    Yes, pre and post op depression is normal. Sounds like a great idea about making goals and rewards:-)
    i am not there yet but i will in a few weeks. good luck to you and great idea about the rewards
    I love the before and after pics! Great inspiration
    Girl, my emotions were one big rollercoaster before surgery! One day I was excited and ready to be on the OR table and the next I was one phone call away from cancelling my surgery haha. And this is so dumb, but I was even depressed for a day or two that my morning ritual would be no more.. I'm a nurse and work night shift and every morning when leaving work I would stop by Sonic or Chick-fil-A and eat my food sitting in bed while watching one of my TV episodes. I seriously thought about backing out of having the surgery because of little stupid things like that. It's crazy how we can let food control our mind and body. I'm so glad I didn't chicken out!
    Celestial03, I TOTALLY get that. My husband and I are hardcore foodies and I've been on again off again terrified that I am taking that away from both of us. I know it's stupid and irrational, but there it is. I know that I will be forming a healthier relationship with food, and a far less emotionally dependant one.
    How do you get past "mourning" these habits/rituals that are so much a part of you. For example, I also work night shift, and I always drink coffee and smoke in the car on the way to work... I am having such a hard time giving that up.
    I think the eating is going to be a little easier at first, but long term, I feel as if I will be missing out on sharing good food with my friends and family. Especially on the special occassions get togethers. I feel like people are going to be offended that I don't eat all of the delicious foods that they worked hard to prepare. And. honestly, I don't want to give all that up for the rest of my life. But I know I have to, and it's depressing.
    Right there with you. "I'm ready for this!" "What am I thinking?!" We'll likely have the same up and downs after as well. In 8 or 10 months it will all be history though and we'll be wondering why we didn't do it sooner. Best of luck on your journey!