Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

katiem

Three Month Update - With Pictures!

Rate this Entry
Hi all ... today is my three month surgiversary! AAH! I can't believe it's been three months already! It's completely whizzed by. Insane.

Here's my stats. Everyone likes stats.

Highest Weight (that I know of, lol): 318
Pre-Op Diet Weight: 293
Surgery Weight: 280
Current Weight: 233

For those of you who aren't math geniuses, like me, I used a calculator...
Total Loss: 85 pounds (That's the same as 4 Lemurs)
Since pre-op: 60 pounds (That's the same as 5 wiener dogs or Lindsay Lohan... I kid! I kid!)

Today was a big day because I dropped a BMI class. I went from Obese III to Obese II. Big deal? No. Not to most people. But it means I'm even closer to healthy! (Oh - I don't know why it says I get 1,934 calories a day. It's usually around 700-800.)
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	354 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	18424

I've stalled twice now. It hurt my soul. OH IT BURNS, PRECIOUS! (If you chuckled at my LoTR joke, go ahead and add me as a friend now. I'll wait.)

Name:	image.png 
Views:	267 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	18425

I don't have pictures of me from before. At least not ones that I can easily access, because you and I know both know that I hid those discs from my wedding and Christmas photo shoot and now can't find them.

This is me 2 weeks post-op (around 275) and last weekend. (Yes, it's a mirror selfie with a duck-face. I'm only 28. Give me a break.)

Name:	photo (3).JPG 
Views:	678 
Size:	521.9 KB 
ID:	18422

The "fat" picture is in the bathroom at my work. So, today I took one so I could get an accurate view. It's not a very "flattering" shirt for weight loss pictures because it's big and floppy, but you get the idea.

Name:	photo (1).JPG 
Views:	1532 
Size:	466.1 KB 
ID:	18423

The hair loss hasn't started yet, but I don't have any delusions that it'll pass me by. I added some layers and am taking Biotin and a hair/skin/nails vitamin. I get all my protein and stay under 30% for my carbs. I've decided I won't freak out, but since I lost my mind during my first stall, I'm sure I'll lose it a little bit. I also started growing out my bangs so that it won't be super obvious on my crown. (Yes, I've given this a lot of thought. I really love my hair.)

I haven't thrown up once, which is something I was very worried about. I've tried bread and pasta, both which set just fine. I've massively overeaten once, and after a roll of Tums and a 30 minute prayer session, I learned my lesson. I'm eating a big variety of foods and get most of my protein just from food - no protein shakes. I like to add a scoop of unflavored Nectar to my yogurt, but other than that, it's all from my food. Jerky, Special K Protein cereal and milk are my best friends.

If you're worried about not eating delicious food after surgery, don't worry. This was my lunch today... 2 ounces of turkey salad (turkey breast, greek yogurt, green onion), a slice of pre-cooked bacon and 4 grapes wrapped up in two lettuce leaves. I only ate about half that lettuce, but finished everything else. Please note that this is on a snack plate... so it's tiny.

Name:	photo (4).JPG 
Views:	286 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	18426

I feel amazing. Really and truly. I have a million times more energy, can do everything so much more comfortably... everything! I can't wait to see what another 60 pounds brings to my life. If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times... if you're debating on whether or not you should have this surgery... DO IT! I have zero regrets. Other than having my daughter and getting married, it's easily the best thing that's happened in my life. I know this is a journey I'll be on forever, but I'm feeling really confident for the first time in my life.

Love to all of you!

Submit "Three Month Update - With Pictures!" to Digg Submit "Three Month Update - With Pictures!" to del.icio.us Submit "Three Month Update - With Pictures!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Three Month Update - With Pictures!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You look amazing!! Congratulations!!
    You look fabulous! And I love your hair too!
    Congratulations! You look awesome!!
    You looked fantastic lady...I totally dig you comedy....this post mde me happy for you and lol all at the same time!
    Lookin good:-)
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
    Whoot Whoot!!
    Great job and great attitude!!! keep up the good work.
    Happy 3rd month Surgerversary!!!
    You are to funny & Doing an awesome job,keep it up Katiem!
    Love you humor...
    So funny and great job! Keep up the good work!
    What app is that? I'm a sucker for statistics
    Your geeky humor really speaks to my hopelessly nerdy heart Throw in some Whovian or Harry Potter jokes and I'm pretty sure we may be soul BFF's :P

Anyhow, my point is, congratulations!!-- you look fantastic. Your lettuce wrap looks amazing and being as I'm a few days into my pre-op liquids, my mouth is literally watering. Keep up the hard work, and keep sharing that awesome sense of humor with us all!!
    Wonderful! You are doing so great. Happy for you.
    Wow! You look great Thanks for sharing, it gives me a lot of hope
    Quote Originally Posted by snugglebug
    What app is that? I'm a sucker for statistics
    It's called "MY weight" in the apple store. Free
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieR
    Your geeky humor really speaks to my hopelessly nerdy heart Throw in some Whovian or Harry Potter jokes and I'm pretty sure we may be soul BFF's :P

Anyhow, my point is, congratulations!!-- you look fantastic. Your lettuce wrap looks amazing and being as I'm a few days into my pre-op liquids, my mouth is literally watering. Keep up the hard work, and keep sharing that awesome sense of humor with us all!!
    Oh sweetie. You don't want to get me started on Harry Potter. Or Star Trek, Star Wars, ASoIF or anything else remotely nerdy. Because you'll just fall in love with me, and I'm taken

Ah, what the hell! I love me a nerd!
    Thanks, all. If I could hug you all, I would (and you could actually get your arms around me now!!)
    Congrats!! So excited for you, beautiful simply beautiful!
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work.
    Thanks for sharing
    Congratulations. You have beautiful hair and I think the biotin will really help to minimize your hair loss. I'm in month seven and it is growing back nicely. I wish I had started biotin as early as you did.
    Congrats on your progress. Let me guess how do you like your fish? "GIVE EM TO ME FRESH AND WIGGLING"? LoTR was an awesome set of books to read 30 years ago when I was in school and was so glad to see them FINALLY make a movie of it. Godspeed on your journey.
    Beautiful!
    LOVE the LoTR ref!!! Precious! love your sense of humor!

you are doing great! can't wait to be where you are...my surgery is in approx 5-6 weeks.

quick question ... what app are you using to get your stats box and graph?
    Congratulations! You are definitely on your way! Duck face allowed!