Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

tinadago

5 days post-op

Rate this Entry
Hi there. Well I've finally joined the sleeved side and doing pretty good for the most part. Definitely not easy by any means. Getting all of my fluids in has been a challenge and getting my protein shakes has also been tough but I'm doing the best I can for now. I have my first post op dr appointment tomorrow. Trying to get my questions together for my awesome dr!

So here is my story. My surgery was scheduled for 4pm on Tuesday the 15th (tax day lol) got to the hospital at 2 pm.....got hooked up to iv fluids and then we waited.....had my BFF with me. I didn't want my kids & all of my family waiting for me....too nervous. They did give me something in my iv to relax me....but my surgeon was running quite late with the surgeries before me so that wore off. Well he ran very late because they don't take me to the OR until after 6.... But I was just relieved they didn't reschedule for the next day. I woke up in recovery pretty messed up. I was so confused and before I knew it I was in my room and my friend is telling me its 10:30....not sure where the time went. I was only in surgery until 8:15 (also had a hiatal hernia repaired). Pretty drugged the first night. First full day in the hospital was ok. When my friend left my parents were there. I slept on and off most of the day. My parents left when my boyfriend showed. I was alternating dilaudid Vicodin and teradol. The liquid Vicodin made me nauseas and the dilaudid knocked me out too much which prevented e from getting fluids in. My 2nd night in he hospital was pretty uneventful as well. Just kept me comfortable. I was released at about 10:30 am.....and I was so happy to go home....at home my pain killer of choice & the only option I have is the liquid Vicodin. I only take it at night tho so I can try getting my fluids and shakes in.

Incisions don't look too bad. There are 5....the one in the middle is probably an inch and a half long and I believe the dr said there is a stitch on the inside of that one. Once the stitch breaks it will be less painful.

Feel free to ask any questions

Submit "5 days post-op" to Digg Submit "5 days post-op" to del.icio.us Submit "5 days post-op" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 days post-op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Glad to hear your doing well. I am less than a month out for my surgery, if all goes well. Nervous for sure, but excited too. Hang in there and drink drink drink from what I hear!