Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

brenda2013

Frustrated!!!!

Rate this Entry
ok I am on my pre op of the 2 shakes and 1 meal plus my snacks that are on my list and I AM NOT LOOSING WEIGHT!!!! what is the deal here? im standing still on this pre op diet and I am 8 days out HELP

Submit "Frustrated!!!!" to Digg Submit "Frustrated!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Frustrated!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Frustrated!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Post a day and let us see what you are eating.
    The pre-op is not about losing weight as much as it is shrinking the liver. Stick with the plan as laid out by your surgeon and things SHOULD be fine. I know it is hard to believe that one can eat so little and not lose weight but I have seen it before. Godspeed on your journey and hang in there, you got this.
    I was on the liquid pre-op for 14 days & only lost 6 pounds! I couldn't believe it! I kept reading about people losing 15 -17 pounds etc. - and I didn't "cheat" even once. - I had lost 30 pounds over the year prior though & that might have been part of it. - I am 5 months post op and have lost about 52 pounds - not near as much as many on this forum, but for my height & starting weight - I think pretty good & in the ball park of others of similar starting weight. Do the best you can to follow the guidelines & don't worry - as SethP said, it isn't about losing weight - it is about shrinking your liver. You will lose weight after the surgery - just have to get through the worst part - which in my opinion is the pre -op.
    Here goes
    B- Protein Shake
    water in between
    L- Protein Shake
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese with few whole wheat crackers
    more water n SF jello or pudding or egg drop soup or cream soup
    S- some kinds of grilled or cooked meat, sometimes salad (not allot it bothers my tummy) some cooked veggies and 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    water or skim milk
    sometimes my snack may be a beef jerky very little
    thanks about my daily routine and I have really stuck with this
    (this may be to much info lol but Im having a hard time going to poo and I think its the iron in the Vitamins) any suggestions with that?
    thanks everyone you my life line here! I just dont want to go to the Dr this week and him say I should have lost a bunch of weight and make me start all over!!!! I will loose it if that happens LOL LOL
    I'll be interested to see what others have to say about your daily food intake on the pre-op. I know full well that all doctors are different but I was not allowed meat of any kind whilst on the pre-op, only three protein shakes (or two and one bar) per day with salad at lunchtime and steamed veg at night. I was allowed a few strawberries and two passionfruit per day as well. I only lost ten pounds but my Dr was happy with that and proceeded with the surgery. I'm sure that if you are sticking to exactly what you were told then all will be well. By the way, I only lost 3 lbs in the first week pre-op, and then I lost 7lbs in the second week, maybe things will be different for you this week. Good luck.
    you might try some apple sauce or juice to help you in that area.
    Jerky is pretty salty. That may be causing you to retain water.

For the poo issue, try mixing light prune juice (if you can stomach it) with water. Or, have a cup of hot tea with Miralax. Both of those have helped me this week.

Like Seth P said, you are trying to shrink your liver. As long as you are sticking to your pre-op instructions, you will be fine.
    I'm pretty sure all MDs are different on what they allow. My 2 week pre-op consisted of 5 protein shakes a day, broth, SF jello, SF popsicles, and water (Crystal Light could be added) were all that were allowed. I lost about 13 lbs in two weeks. It was tough to stick to, but I wanted my liver to be in the best condition possible for surgery and aid in healing post op. Good luck!!
    Thanks everyone I think this week even tho meat is allowed on this I will stick to most liquids just to see what happens and if i can scan my meal sheet I will just to show you what I can eat from its really quiet a bit of stuff!!! and I know all surgeons are different to.
    Try to estimate your protein intake, should be 60 grams or more. I was told by our nut lots of protein may trick your body into not going into starvation mode and start you into ketosis, which you may be able to keep that momentum going into post op, Ketosis keeps the body in fat burning mode and prevents the body from using muscle for fuel. I think that this is all theory, but it sure worked for me. Take all the protein in you can stand, this may help you heal faster.
    im getting in at the least 60 but most days allot more then that
    Everyone's preop diet and requirements seem to be different. So if you are following orders, you should be OK...I'd try to cut down carbs before the meat, though. And check your shakes...some can be high in carbs. I was allowed 3 protein shakes/ day and unlimited leafy green veggies and required to lose 5% of my body weight (12 pounds). I ended up losing 22 pounds in 16 days!