Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lacraft

Twelve Weeks Out - Scale and Non-scale Victories!

Rate this Entry
I am officially twelve weeks post surgery today. I only weigh on Tuesday mornings so I don't drive myself crazy. I am down 55 pounds total. Just a smidge from Onderland! That will be a day for rejoicing!

I love non-scale victories just as much as what the scale says these days. My recent victories:
1) Went out the other day and bought a bike. I haven't ridden one in years, and years. My grandkids and I had a blast going on a bike ride! I even rode my bike in the store parking lot!!!!
2) I can cross my legs! What a surprise when I realized that I had my legs crossed and didn't even know it.
3) I have crossed over to the other side of the store......Tops are extra-large or in a few cases large. Dress pants 16....not sure I can fit into a 16 jean yet but I will soon. Now I need to break the habit of looking for the Plus size section of every store I go into.
4) My husband has something nice to say about my weight loss every day. He is also pleased with the results!

I am by no means a veteran at this process, but speaking from my three months on this side, I would just like to say to those just starting out. Hang in there! Those days of self-doubt and feelings that it isn't coming off may not completely go away but they do come less often. You have (or soon will have) a wonderful tool that will help you take control back. Use it wisely and the results will follow. Good Luck and Good Health!

Submit "Twelve Weeks Out - Scale and Non-scale Victories!" to Digg Submit "Twelve Weeks Out - Scale and Non-scale Victories!" to del.icio.us Submit "Twelve Weeks Out - Scale and Non-scale Victories!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Twelve Weeks Out - Scale and Non-scale Victories!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats !! I love hearing stories like yours !!
    Love your post, says it all. Thanks You are a winner for sure. Cheers
    Congrats, Your progress is great!!! I am right behind you... I had my surgery on 5/24. I am down 49lbs since surgery and 79lbs since pre-op. I am an obsessive weigh-er, so I get on the scale everyday, sometimes more than once It's so cool that you are getting close to Onderland, it's such an amazing feeling crossing over. I too find myself mindlessly heading towards the plus section and have to literally tell myself "Nope, not anymore and not ever again!" I've actually been able to shop in Juniors! I'm sure the best thing on your list is the compliments from your husband... sounds like you've got a good one!!!! Keep up the good work