Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

And the number is....................... ....

Rate this Entry
So I went to my PCP for pap today. I had seen him last on the 20th of December. I was curious to see what my total weight loss was for the past month. I just update my ticker and have not been tracking my weight loss weekly or what not. I thought I had lost about 10 lbs over this past month as my best guess. Turns out I was 12 lbs lighter than a month ago. I was really pleased with that number. I am definitely on a nice steady path for my weight loss. I am sure that it will continue to move steadily as I slowly and surely increase my running. I am actually loving the running! Getting stronger and I can also feel I am getting to be a faster. I am glad that my hubby is doing the C25K with me. It is great to have that bonding with the man I love. I am eager to get near the end of my program and sign up for a 5K. Need to start researching and take a best guess as to when I should sign up. Anyone who has done them knows it is way cheaper to sign up earlier. I guess I can afford it since I am spending so much less on food!
This whole experience has been so surreal. Who ever thought I would be this small and be able to lose this much weight. In the beginning I did have an unnatural fear that maybe I would be the one person the surgery did not work for. I can tell you that I have been very cognizant of what I put in my body. I am not wasting space or calories on things that are not nutritious for me. And so thankful that I have not had any cravings really. I still enjoy the smell of food but only eat when I am hungry. Once in a while I crave sweet but am able to knock that away with a sugar free popsicle.
So ready to relax this weekend!

Submit "And the number is....................... ...." to Digg Submit "And the number is....................... ...." to del.icio.us Submit "And the number is....................... ...." to StumbleUpon Submit "And the number is....................... ...." to Google

Comments

Enjoy yourself. You're doing so well.
    Thanks Ann! I am really pleased with the whole process. My one regret was why I waited so long. I mulled it over for a long time before I went in for my first consultation...which was free so there was no harm in going. LOL. But I guess everything happens at a time when you are ready for it. Obviously this was my time.
    Congrats on your monthly loss! Way to go!!! I know it gets harder the farther out from surgery you go. You're still kickin' butt!!!

I have that same fear, that I'll be the ONE the surgery doesn't work for. I'm just trying to not allow myself to dwell on the irrational fear, which is hard at times. I'm still less than 2 weeks post-op so I'm sure once I see the scale move each week for a few weeks in a row I'll let go of that fear.

Thanks for posting and keeping us updated, as always. You rock!
    Congrats on your monthly loss! Way to go!!! You're kickin' butt!!!

I have that same fear, that I'll be the ONE the surgery doesn't work for. I'm just trying to not allow myself to dwell on the irrational fear, which is hard at times. I'm still less than 2 weeks post-op so I'm sure once I see the scale move each week for a few weeks in a row I'll let go of that fear.

Thanks for posting and keeping us updated, as always. You rock!
    Thanks doll. I remember that feeling all too well. And the first stall is disheartening but I promise you that it will let up and you will start losing again. And sometimes I feel that I lose so much slower but then I realize I am losing so I don't care. I love that I am continually losing and loving my new life. Slower weight loss will mean less sag right??
    You Rock darlin!