Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Woohoo! Italy baby!

Rate this Entry
So today we booked our tickets to go to Italy in July for 16 days. My dad is getting remarried (my mother passed away 2 years ago) and we found a good deal on tickets. It's going to be me, my hubby, my 2 kids, and my mother in law. (My step kids are not going...no way their mom would let them.) So very excited. We had to go get passports today for the hubby and I. My husband hasn't had one in 20+ years and mine was going to expire in August and still had my old last name on there. (We got married in November of 2015.) So today has been such an amazing day. And I got a cute picture for my passport as well. No fat face!!
The beautiful thing about July is that I will be 8 months post op. So I will be looking and feeling fabulous. I should be able to eat a little more so no weird looks when people see me eat just 2 bites. LOL. It is going to be such an exciting trip. Last time I went home was before my mother passed away. So the trip was one of sadness. This time it will be one of happiness and my family gets to go with me. I went alone last time. I still have months before the trip but already am so excited.
Tonight I will be going on my week 3 day 2 for my C25K program. I am looking forward to it. (Yes you read that correctly!!! ) I am ready to go now but my husband wants to go in a little while when the neighborhood work traffic dies down. It is going to be a cold one tonight but I don't mind that. I have good cold weather gear from when I lived in the Netherlands.
I've gotta say...I'm really loving life right now!

Submit "Woohoo!  Italy baby!" to Digg Submit "Woohoo!  Italy baby!" to del.icio.us Submit "Woohoo!  Italy baby!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Woohoo!  Italy baby!" to Google

Comments

You look beautiful!!! The Italy trip sounds like a blast. I am so happy you and your family are able to make this trip.
    So happy for you!!!
    Les
    Planning trips is the best thing! I hope you will have a wonderful time! You will need to post a photo of you in that beautiful dress!!
    I had to get a new passport in October because mine was full, no more space for visa/immigration stamps, so this time I got the one with more pages. It was just incredible to look at the two photos next to each other, my new passport and my old one which was actually not so old (4 years). The last time we used the old one in October the immigration officer looked at me twice and asked my children who I was....but I had to look at the photos before and after to really see why it was not obvious. During my last trip in December with the new passport, no more questions :-).
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    You look beautiful!!! The Italy trip sounds like a blast. I am so happy you and your family are able to make this trip.
    So happy for you!!!
    Les
    Thanks honey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Planning trips is the best thing! I hope you will have a wonderful time! You will need to post a photo of you in that beautiful dress!!
    I had to get a new passport in October because mine was full, no more space for visa/immigration stamps, so this time I got the one with more pages. It was just incredible to look at the two photos next to each other, my new passport and my old one which was actually not so old (4 years). The last time we used the old one in October the immigration officer looked at me twice and asked my children who I was....but I had to look at the photos before and after to really see why it was not obvious. During my last trip in December with the new passport, no more questions :-).
    I can imagine. I was looking at my old pic (which was expiring in August of this year so it was almost 10 years old) and I thought damn...I really have been fat for a long time. My face was round, round, round. Not this time. I am not even at goal but my face looked so good! I was so happy with it. It is such a relief to be happy with your picture instead of having to deal with it. You have lost a lot of weight I can imagine that your pictures were like 2 completely different people. My sister was the same way. After 100 lbs she is a completely new person. I never thought my sister looked like my mom because her face was really full. When she lost all that weight and had cheek bones I could see a lot of my mom in her. (Which is a blessing with my mom being gone to be able to see her face when I look at my sister.) I know my friend at work always tells me how much you can see the weight loss in my face and it makes me look different. (She is not one of those who says it in a condescending way either.)
    I will definitely take pics when I go. I am hoping I will be really close to goal by then because that is 5 1/2 months away. Hoping I can lose the last 34 lbs in that amount of time. Fingers crossed!
    Christie you look fabulous! I am probably going to Italy as well in August, but we were planning a beach holiday to Basilicata, any chance we can meet?
    Quote Originally Posted by ollina
    Christie you look fabulous! I am probably going to Italy as well in August, but we were planning a beach holiday to Basilicata, any chance we can meet?
    I will be in Italy from 6-22 July! When will you be there? And thank you. I feel fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I will be in Italy from 6-22 July! When will you be there? And thank you. I feel fabulous!
    We haven't booked yet but we are likely to go from the first week of August onwards, will let you know if we decide to go earlier!
    Hi, Christi! Just reading some old posts and came across this. First, let me say you look fabulous! I hope to be so successful! Secondly, what part of Italy are you traveling to? My father is from Italy (my mother was born here bit her parents are from there as well) and all my family are there. I've been many times as a child and adult and absolutely love that country! Does your father reside there? We're from the Abruzzi region (L'Aquila). Approx 2 hrs north of Rome. I'm jealous to not be going this year! Have a wonderful and safe trip!