Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BelleKreyol

Revision Update - Recovery

Rate this Entry
Jan 13 seems long gone, but I am still feeling the effects of surgery. Like folks have posted before it can be slow for those who have had multiple procedures. I had my lap-band revision to sleeve and gallbladder removed in Cancun with Dr. Verboonen. I stayed at the Victoria Medical Clinic which is a hospital. The service and care was great, the nurses monitored me closely and constantly. I had my blood pressure, temperature, a drain checked on the hour. I received pain meds as well. The first day out, I was pretty groggy only waking to walk twice. But that's to be expected. By Sunday I felt better but still very uncomfortable. Sneezing and coughing hurt really bad. On Sunday I had my leak test. All was well, and I was released. I went for a very long walk with my husband before checking into the hotel.

Today is another day and I certainly wish it'll be a better day. My patient coordinator Sheri Burke provided me with the information I needed. I never got to see or meet her in Cancun. The nutritionist and international patients coordinator at the hospital was really helpful.

Let me know if you have any questions. I certainly want to leave this here for people who are just as nervous as I was about heading to MX.

Belle

Submit "Revision Update - Recovery" to Digg Submit "Revision Update - Recovery" to del.icio.us Submit "Revision Update - Recovery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Revision Update - Recovery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery!

Keep us posted.

Happy MLK Jr. Day!
    Seems like everything is going as planned and the recovery seems to be going well! Glad to hear that!
    Hoping each day gets better and you are stronger!