Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kristie2

Long time scene i posted.

Rate this Entry
I am doing OK learning to eat is no easy task. I am almost 8 months out and final better. I not eating enough but doing better I eat three times a day now but only 2oz of food at a meal. I get 300- 500 calories a day. I started going to my primary care doctor for help my surgeon gave up. My primary care doctor but me on two medicine to see if it would help it did a week after starting it I ate my first bite of food with no pain and no getting sick. I was so happy but scared it would be short lived well I am a month out and still no pain or getting sick. I think we final got me fixed. I lost so much weight I was to gain but I still lost. They want my weight loss to slow down. I been losing over ten pounds a month. I started my journey at 301 in December 2015 the day of my surgery on May 23rd 2016 I weighed in at 289 and today I weigh in at 177. I look like a bag of skin and bone. I will always have regret about this surgery. If could go back I would have never done it. I spent the last seven months trying to live but just wanting to give up. I looking into starting a starting a support group for people with problems.

Submit "Long time scene i posted." to Digg Submit "Long time scene i posted." to del.icio.us Submit "Long time scene i posted." to StumbleUpon Submit "Long time scene i posted." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. Where did you have your surgery? How often did you see your surgeon and nutritionist post op? That is a ton of weight loss in just 10 months. Sorry you have regrets but had to hear your meds are working.
    I had it done in PA at geisinger hospital. I would call or message them every week and got the run around. The end up putting me in the hospital in July and my surgeon basically passed me on to his partner and even call in a psychiatrist when I was in there saying not fiscal was wrong after the stretch my stomach a little. He did it one more time it did nothing a little in to August I have up on my medical team they kept telling me to just eat and give it time. I went from August to December with doing nothing. I could watch my stomach muscles cramping up just so I would bring food up to get rid of it. When I went to my family doctor he was shocked and took over. He has help so much. I am still losing never hit a month I did not lose ten pounds or more first three months I lost 40 pounds. I am still waiting to see if my weight loss slows down if not I will be put on a tube feed. My body is eat muscle and bone at this time.
    It sounds like you're on the mend. I'm thankful you have a MD that is listening to you. Focus on the positives. You are improving.
    I'm an GI RN, and we rarely see sleeve patients with these sorts of problems so that is why I chose the VSG. I'm eating like a champ, almost too good 7 weeks later.
    Hang in there. Are you able to drink the protein shakes or is that hard too?
    Have they checked if you have a stricture keeping you from being able to eat?? I sure would be on their butt about it all.
    They say no stricture but there is no answer to what is going on. They just said time I still have days were I can not eat or drink so those days are hard but I force my self to get 10oz of liquid in and four bites of food. I only have had two days in the last month better then before. Protein shakes send my stomach in to a war i get dumping bad.