Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Another one bites the dust!

Rate this Entry
So week 2 of C25K is done and tomorrow I start week 3. And I have lost another pound. That brings my post op weight loss to 32 lbs (in 10 weeks) and overall weight loss to 52. I am so good with my results. They are right for me and my journey. Don't stress that it is lower than some people because I am losing and I feel successful. I absolutely love this site. Maybe a little too much. LOL.
I really like all the good information. I like the comradery that comes with being in this boat that not everyone understands. It is great being able to share with others in this journey. I have great support in real life but I sometimes wonder if the friends/family who know secretly get sick of me talking about it. I don't talk about it 24-7 but you know when it is something that is not your thing and someone keeps talking about it it can get annoying. So knowing I can come here and chat with others who won't get annoyed is comforting.
I tried on my old jeans that I was wearing before surgery. I know that I am a lot smaller but putting those on put things in perspective just how much I had lost. I really giggled about the legs of them as I carry a lot of my weight in my butt and legs. My daughter started laughing saying they looked like grandma jeans on me. The crotch hung way down since I no longer filled them out. It was really a mood booster to see how far I have come.
I was so blessed to have a pretty easy surgery and recovery. I feel bad when I see that some people on here have a lot of complications. We all know that they happen and the degrees of complications vary. It is major surgery. But I wish everyone who went through this could be complication free. Because I know how life changing this is.
Hope everyone is having a great new year so far!

Submit "Another one bites the dust!" to Digg Submit "Another one bites the dust!" to del.icio.us Submit "Another one bites the dust!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Another one bites the dust!" to Google

Comments

Wonderful post! Very encouraging for me only being 10 days post!! Thanks!
    Oh yes it gets better and better LeslieAnn! I'm so impatient though. I'd like to fast forward to a year to see where I'll be. LOL!!
    Such a great post! I am looking forward to that 2 months out trying on my old jeans moment. Truly.

1 week post op weigh in is in 2 days! Soo hard to wait, but I'm making myself hold off. I know I STILL have gas and water retention and I don't expect my first week of loss to be a very big one. I'm guessing week 2 maybe will be a big one, we'll see.

I also feel like the people around me must be tired of hearing about this topic already. It seems that way to me at least. And I am SOO grateful to have this forum community for support.

I'm soo happy for you Christie13!!!
    Keep up the blog entries, it helps me have a comparison and a motivation, and I like knowing how you're doing.
    You are SO ROCKING this! Love to watch people who put their hearts and souls into the WLS battle.

You will win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    You are SO ROCKING this! Love to watch people who put their hearts and souls into the WLS battle.

You will win.
    Thanks Ann! I always love reading your advice!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    Such a great post! I am looking forward to that 2 months out trying on my old jeans moment. Truly.

1 week post op weigh in is in 2 days! Soo hard to wait, but I'm making myself hold off. I know I STILL have gas and water retention and I don't expect my first week of loss to be a very big one. I'm guessing week 2 maybe will be a big one, we'll see.

I also feel like the people around me must be tired of hearing about this topic already. It seems that way to me at least. And I am SOO grateful to have this forum community for support.

I'm soo happy for you Christie13!!!
    Keep up the blog entries, it helps me have a comparison and a motivation, and I like knowing how you're doing.
    Glad you are having such a great recovery. I am not going to lie, I know that the scale drives some people nuts but I weigh every day. It doesn't bother me and I know that when I stall I need to up my protein. How did your weigh in go??