Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Terri7

Work

Rate this Entry
How many days post-op before being able to return to work and/or drive?

Submit "Work" to Digg Submit "Work" to del.icio.us Submit "Work" to StumbleUpon Submit "Work" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I drove the next day, but wouldn't have been able to work for 6-8 weeks...I was super dizzy all the time
    Doctor told me one week or when I was off pain pills. I drove in one week. I think I could've drove sooner since I was only taking one pill at night.
    I took off for 6 weeks because we have a house in Florida and I was thinking I'd get to walk everyday vs. the cold in Maryland.
    I have a desk job so I think I could go back in 2 weeks. The issue would be just being tired, i think.
    2 weeks and I was back to teaching. I could drive as soon as I was off pain meds.
    I have a desk job....so I had surgery on a Tuesday and felt good enough and started back to work the very next Monday.
    I went back to work exactly one week later. I work in an office, though. I didn't try to drive until probably 5 days post op but I am sure I could have sooner. I only took my pain meds maybe 3 or 4 times in the week after surgery and never had any issues since. I did have to sleep with a body pillow and change positions several times throughout the night.