Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

yolymarie

Help

Rate this Entry
Home one day. Can't stomach the antibiotics crushed up. Severe vomiting. Suggestions,?

Submit "Help" to Digg Submit "Help" to del.icio.us Submit "Help" to StumbleUpon Submit "Help" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I don't do well with crushed pills either. I didn't take any crushed meds. All my prescribed meds were liquids. Can you ask your primary care or surgeon for liquid antibiotics?
    I was cleared for tablets right after surgery. I only took my PPI at that time, on day 3. I tried the liquid form of paracetamol a few weeks later and was almost sick too. There's not way I could have crushed pills, if the taste is awfull I can get sick. I tried the crushed pills after the liquid paracetamol....at the end I took coated capsules. It went down much better.
    Thanks I'll try it
    I didn't take any of my pills crushed, but I am used to taking them with very little water anyway
    Thank you
    Oh lord those were nasty! I just broke them in half and swallowed with a gulp of wAter, but if you're not an expert pill taker, You shouldn't risk it.

they were giving me meds at the hospital in pill form, so I figured I could do it at home, too.
    Not saying to do this with doctors permission. I not taken any vitamins scene I had surgery my doctor figured out my stomach can not handle it. I go in every two months for blood work if not normal I get a shot lucky my levels are always good. Talk to your doctor and see if they have suggestions. I totally understand feel better soon.
    I crushed mine and mixed it with applesauce. It was still gross, but way more better than putting it in water. (Oh what an awful memory!! I hope I never have to crush pills again!!!)
    Good to know; I am having a hell of a time with the crushed and in a shot of water method. It's soo nasty it's hard to swallow it. At least I know it's an OPTION to just take the pill (I also can usually take pills with little to no liquid).

Hope you're doing well Yo!