Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lundbergmn

Stomach flu 2017

Rate this Entry
well its been awhile since I've been here. Christmas was great then that night I got the flu & was sick the entire break! Regular flu. Start back to work Jan 3 & everything is going great. Take both my sons to their check ups after work & 2 days later my 13mo old starts vomiting & diarreah. Back to dr. He then basically tells me I brought him in too soon & its not a reaction from his vaccines. Okay take him home & by 9 that night he's vomited 5 times. Call him & he apologizes & calls in zofran to walgreens (only thing open). Hubby goes to pick it up-they don't take our insurance & its $300!!!! So the pharmacist God Bless her gives him 3 doses for $40 & tells him to call dr in morning & tell him to call it in to our regular pharmacy. ok did that. by friday evening it hits me while we have friends visiting!!! so I'm out sick thurs-mon. Now my other son gets it saturday evening & he just came home from the dr. He's dehydrated & is off again tomorrow from school. My hubby God Bless him has been fighting it off tooth & nail w/ pepto. I have lysoled & clorox wiped every surface & all our bedding multiple times & I'm exhausted. on a positive note all of us have lost weight lol! Hubby-10,Me-6,mikey-7. so there's my silver lining. hopefully the vomit comet vacates my home asap.

Submit "Stomach flu 2017" to Digg Submit "Stomach flu 2017" to del.icio.us Submit "Stomach flu 2017" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stomach flu 2017" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow! I hope you will all recover very fast! drinks lots of water!
    When a virus start to attack every member of the family it is very difficult to cope. We had a similar story a few years ago, it was during the Xmas holidays, we were packing for a trip at 4 PM one kid started to be sick, so we decided to stay home and wait until the next day. Next morning everyone was sick! Worth holidays ever, I was happy to go back to work!
    Besides the cleaning I love to use essential oils to "purify" the air and kill all those viruses, plus it smells really good too.
    Take care!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Wow! I hope you will all recover very fast! drinks lots of water!
    When a virus start to attack every member of the family it is very difficult to cope. We had a similar story a few years ago, it was during the Xmas holidays, we were packing for a trip at 4 PM one kid started to be sick, so we decided to stay home and wait until the next day. Next morning everyone was sick! Worth holidays ever, I was happy to go back to work!
    Besides the cleaning I love to use essential oils to "purify" the air and kill all those viruses, plus it smells really good too.
    Take care!
    thanks sandra!!! what essential oils did you use & where did you get them?
    Quote Originally Posted by lundbergmn
    thanks sandra!!! what essential oils did you use & where did you get them?
    1. Antiseptic Surface Sprays

This would be from my homemade cleaners and it includes basic cleaning supplies and essential oils. This surface spray has evolved over time from something very basic (water and vinegar only) to adding in a cleaning essential oil blend to it, to separating it into two sprays when I really want to clean well.
    When I first learned of the powerful effects of vinegar followed by peroxide on germs, I knew this would be something that I’d take extra time to do when sicknesses were going around. What’s even better is that I learned of an essential oil blend that works in synergy to kill viruses and bacteria when combined, and I decided to add this to it. Here’s how it works.
    Spray #1

Bottle #2

• 1 cup pure water
    • 1 cup hydrogen peroxide
    • 100 drops of thieves blend

That’s it. It’s fairly simple and easy. When wintertime rolls around and viruses pick up, I simply take both of my bottles around, shake them well to mix the oils into the water, spray with #1 and wipe, then spray with #2 and wipe, and I’m all done.
    2. Diffuse Essential Oils

The next thing I do is I diffuse antimicrobial essential oils in my home. I have an essential oil diffuser that can be set to diffuse off and on until the chamber is empty. This usually works well for my home. I do it once a day and call it good.
    Seeing as how I have 4 kids that range in age from 7 months to almost 7 years, it can be hard to find an essential oil blend that is safe for all of them. Essential oils aren’t really recommended for kiddos under 2 unless they’re heavily diluted, and when it comes to diffusing this antimicrobial essential oil blend, I prefer the one that is for ages 3 years and up so I try to do my diffusing when my baby is down for a nap just to be on the safer side.
    The blend that I use comes from aromatherapist Lea Harris, and I love it. Not only is it safe and effective, but it smells great. There are versions of this blend for younger and older ages as well that you can find here.
    Anti-Germ Essential Oil Diffusion Blend

You can add your oils to your diffuser individually, or you can make a larger sized batch of this and store it in a 5ml bottle clearly labeled if you want. Simply add 10 drops to your diffuser, and you’re good to go!
    This is also a great blend to put in an essential oil pendent when you’re out and about, but that’s more for us moms than it is for our kids!
    3. Herbal Air Fresheners

Herbal air fresheners are a great way to cut down on airborne viruses. They’re basically a mix between the antiseptic cleaning spray and the diffusion blend above, and they can be sprayed in the air, on pillows and sheets before bed, or on clothes before heading out anytime you need them.
    Herbal Air Freshener

Mix your ingredients together in a spritzer bottle, shake well, then spray away!
    4. Herbal Incense and/or Smudge Sticks

Herbal incense and smudging has been around a long time and has traditionally been used to cleanse the air of impurities such as viruses. In fact, many herbs are rolled and smoked for their healing properties. For example, mullein smoke has been known to help asthmatic children when they feel an attack coming on. Simply take a dried mullein leaf, light the end on fire, blow the flame out and waft the smoke around and breathe it in.
    Smudging is very similar. You take a dried bundle of herbs (sage is most popular), light it, blow the flame out, and waft the smoke around. The properties of the herbs are released into the air as well as the scent. Beyond sage, you can use pine needles, rosemary, and even lavender. There are a lot of options. You can buy smudge sticks premade or you can grow your own herbs and make your own.
    Herbal incense if very similar except you can blend herbs together and you don’t light the actual herbs on fire. You place your herb blend on top of a lit charcoal disk which heats the herbs causing them to smoke.
    Here’s exactly how you do it.

1. Take an incense burner and place a layer of sand in it.
    2. Place a charcoal disk on top of the sand and light it until it catches.
    3. Lastly, place your herb mix on top of the charcoal disk and let it smoke away.

Herbs to use for herbal incense:

How to prep your herbs for burning:

1. Put 1 tsp. of each herb you plan on combining in an electric coffee grinder and grind until it’s a fine powder.
    2. Store in a glass jar away from heat and light. This mix is good for a couple months as powdered herbs lose their properties faster than whole herbs.
    3. Use as needed throughout the day!

Think it will stink? Think again! It actually smells nice. It’s got that wood stove or campfire smell only it’s more herby and earthy. I love it!
    If you’re interested in learning more about herbal incense, this post is very informative. It will teach you how to use resins and other herbs as well as how to switch between different blends easily and so much more.
    2. Ravensara (Ravensara aromatica)
    Does someone have the flu? Reach for ravensara — one of my all-time favorite essential oils for when influenza strikes. Its antiseptic, antimicrobial, and antiviral qualities disinfect the air and its expectorant and immunomodulant actions also help those stricken with the flu get better faster. Plus, it has a pleasant sweet, herbaceous scent. So, it’s a win-win for those healthy and sick alike. If coughing is a big issue, I often mix it with a little Eucalyptus radiata and some spike lavender to calm the nerves and promote sleep. You can also add some to a carrier oil to massage sore, achy muscles, that are often the result of fever and chills. (See how to make massage blend in the “Eucalyptus” section above).
    Note: Avoid ravensara during pregnancy.
    Thanks Pam!!
    I used lots of tea tree for many many years (we lived four years in New Zealand and I discovered that one over there 15 years ago) in soap and even body lotion, or tea tree mixed with oregano for skin issues. Besides lavender that I love since childhood, I love the Thieves blend for getting rid of virus but I use many kinds of essential oil. I usually got them online, compared prices and tried to get organic when possible (especially for those I will use on the skin). The Now brand is great, cheap and efficient, I also got a lot at Edens garden.