Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

RayEMTFF

I have failed

Rate this Entry
SO I went to the Dr today for my 6 month check up and my goal was to get my silver star saying I was half way there. So I knew Just knew before I got on the scale it wasnt going to be good. And my fears were right. In 3 months not one pound I lost. and only person to blame is me.

My heart was crushed and I just broke down in the Dr office, I have failed and now I dont know what to do. I am at rock bottom or close to it. I so wanted that star and thats all I could think of. And i blew it.

Nothing I do is right again its my fault my failure I am a disappointment!!

Submit "I have failed" to Digg Submit "I have failed" to del.icio.us Submit "I have failed" to StumbleUpon Submit "I have failed" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Do not give in to that little voice that says I am a failure or a disappointment. We all face setbacks. Give yourself a new goal and start again. Easy to say but hard to do.
    Today is a new day!
    Start with using your scale once a week. No need to wait for three months to see there's a problem.
    Clean your diet, protein and veggies are the main focus. Take you vitamins, drink plenty of water.
    Like Theresa said, no need to see yourself as a failure, your sleeve is still doing it's job, you just have to do yours. You only lost a battle, not the war! Don't waste your time with negativity, be positive about your new plan, get organized, clean up your fridge and pantry, get only good food for you and start again! it's the first step for success!
    So have you identified the cause of not losing any weight? Are you measuring and tracking all of your calories/protein/fluids/carbs? Anything stick out as the culprit? If so, that's where you should make changes.

if you have been eating significantly off plan and can't seem to make the necessary lifestyle changes, have you considered seeing a therapist? Surgery made our stomachs smaller, but unfortunately most of us became obese because of psychological issues, not the size of our stomachs. With the right help, you can do this!
    Time to sit down. Be honest with yourself and regroup. You can do this. You need to get back to the basics of what you were doing in the beginning. Are you exercising? What are you eating? Have you returned to your old habits? Are you getting enough protein? Where you able to sit down with your nutritionist to discuss all of this? Are you going to any support group meetings for sleeve patients? You can do this. We are all here to support you. Don't be afraid to reach out.
    Here is a positive, you say you did not gain. That alone is a positive. Adjust your habits and move forward, don't get negative.
    As Kindle said, get back to basics. Dig out your literature from your doctor. Follow the guidelines written by your doctor. You can do it. You are not a failure what you are is a human being. Things happen, life happens, you can do it!
    Stick with it, minute by minute, day by day... this is for you and you are so worth it... life is always going to have hurdles. stay strong!
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa2
    Do not give in to that little voice that says I am a failure or a disappointment. We all face setbacks. Give yourself a new goal and start again. Easy to say but hard to do.
    Yeah it was a major setback foe me. Just cant seem to do anything right.. But today we started over just hope to keep it up!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Today is a new day!
    Start with using your scale once a week. No need to wait for three months to see there's a problem.
    Clean your diet, protein and veggies are the main focus. Take you vitamins, drink plenty of water.
    Like Theresa said, no need to see yourself as a failure, your sleeve is still doing it's job, you just have to do yours. You only lost a battle, not the war! Don't waste your time with negativity, be positive about your new plan, get organized, clean up your fridge and pantry, get only good food for you and start again! it's the first step for success!

Well today we started a new back to the protein shacks I stopped that months ago and I know that was my downfall. Funny thing is I dont think I was eating bad but I guess I was
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindle
    So have you identified the cause of not losing any weight? Are you measuring and tracking all of your calories/protein/fluids/carbs? Anything stick out as the culprit? If so, that's where you should make changes.

if you have been eating significantly off plan and can't seem to make the necessary lifestyle changes, have you considered seeing a therapist? Surgery made our stomachs smaller, but unfortunately most of us became obese because of psychological issues, not the size of our stomachs. With the right help, you can do this!
    The thing that sticks out was the lack of PROTEIN....And Psychological is a big thing man I have days on why did I do the surgery , I see so many ppl posting on how much wtg they lost and that messed me up also.
    Thank you all I wish I knew about this site so much sooner. I could have used the help a LONG time again. We started over today went to the gym had a good 2 hr work out did my protein and other things. Did the old cleaning of the food out that wasnt much since I havent eaten bad but still got rid of some stuff I dont need.
    For me, LOTS of protein (80-100g) and LOTS of fluids (100+ oz) have always been key to losing and maintaining. That and the psychological tools I get from therapy. Without them, my surgical tool would probably be rendered useless. Good Luck Ray.
    Ray, I'm with Kindle. I've been seeing a therapist (psychologist) since a few months before surgery nearly 2.5 years ago. It's made all the difference for me. What it's really done for me is to provide FOCUS.

If you're in the mood to find out what worked for others, I wrote a post here after my first year post-op (at which point I'd lost nearly 93 pounds). I don't know that what I did will work for you, but it really worked for me. The post is pretty detailed, so if you go there settle in and get ready to listen to me yammer.

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=59053
    Ray, I have to say it is such an inspiration to hear how you hit this very low place and turned it around. It is truely amazing and I hope that I remember how you handled this if I am ever in such a situation. I'm only 3 weeks post op so it's still new. Best of luck and keep us posted!
    It broke my heart to read your first message.You need to remember you are never a disappointment or failure, you are human and shit happens. You fall but then you get up and keep going...we are proud of you and believe in you! Keep your head up!

Sidenote: I can't vouch on this because I don't have a pouch yet but my friend sent this to me. It's the 5 day reset pouch test:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ce4bd29869.jpg
    My church hosts an Overeaters Anonymous group twice a week. I mentioned this at my support group meeting last month and more than one person found the idea intriguing. I know the two issues are not the same but it is an option to help relate your struggles openly and non judgmental. If you have a local support group-join in with them- you will see you are not the only one struggling and that is not a failure but an awareness. Talk to a therapist about any issues you have that may be impeding your journey. Be open and honest and you will find support to get you to your goals.
    Everyday the slate is wiped clean and you get another shot at it. You'll get there. Don't be too hard on yourself or the old you will win!
    Hello, @RayEMTFF

Forgive yourself, Everyday is a new dream..a new reality. Don't think about the past or the future. Focus on what you are going to do this day.

The mental work with weight loss in not easy. But is one of the best things to get out of surgery. The surgery is a tool it will provide restriction. It's key to change to healthy behaviors to be successfull for the long run.

Don't let the goal be a star...The goal is healthy and getting your life back!

Question, do you use an app to track your food?