Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Aydensmomma

♡ worst heart burn ever!!

Rate this Entry
Hi all! Been a while since I have visited, life has certainly kept me busy. I just had my 2 year anniversary from being sleeved on December 30th. I can't believe it's been 2 years already, the changes are amazing.
When I had the endoscopy I was told I had a hiatal hernia. I didn't know much about it, doc said not to worry about it.
Well, after being sleeved and getting on this site I learned that a hiatal hernia is common with weight gain, and a lot of surgeons remove the hernia when they do the sleeve. Mine didn't.
I had heartburn before surgery, but not often. In the past few months I have had progressively worse heart burn. I wake up in the middle of the night with it, I had it at 9am this morning and didnt eat or drink anything but water. It's terrible
I plan to start taking a daily OTC med like prilosec and I will talk to my doc when I see h, anyone else have any issues?

Submit "♡ worst heart burn ever!!" to Digg Submit "♡ worst heart burn ever!!" to del.icio.us Submit "♡ worst heart burn ever!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "♡ worst heart burn ever!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Have you visited your Surgeon lately. I had to have a entire Barium swallow in order to see if the sleeve was not the cause -
    Teri, great to hear from you!

Have you tried sleeping on an incline?

I woke up choking on stomach fluid just a few days post op, and it scared the beegeezers out of me. I went to see my doctor the next day, and he told me that he recommends the incline sleeping method to all his patients with GERD and Acid Reflux, along with a special acid reducing diet.

I have been sleeping on an incline since I bought a special incline foam pad for my mattress.

Sometimes I get a little heartburn once in a while, but nothing a chewable Pepcid can't fix.
    I just replied to you other ost about your teeth. That makes sens now. Cavities could be coming from the reflux.
    My reflux was at it's worth after surgery. I had some issues before but never needed to take any medication besides may be a tums once a month if I had Indian food or too much tea.
    Post-op I could not function without my PPI. I took 30 mg Lansoprazole for about six months and gradually diminished the dose to 15 mg. Right now I take it every two or three days. I'm hoping to stop at some point. I always need to have my dinner two hours before bed time and do try to stay away from some teas/spicy food because it does trigger reflux and I can feel it the days I don't take the medication.
    I have acid reflux. Like you I have a hiatal hernia and had minor heartburn before surgery. Definitely more heartburn now.