Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

In a stall for two months. Not gaining is winning (on the weight loss battle field ;-)!

Rate this Entry
I was in a stall since November.

Had a bad flu, my asthma kicked in (I was almost free of it since 2011) and while I was happy to be able to stay away from antibiotics, I still had to take my asthma medication for several weeks.
At the same time I've been in a stall since November, didn't pay attention for a few weeks, then realized in December that it was indeed again a side effect of the medication.
In 2011 when I had the worst issues with my lungs (asthma/pneumonia for months) I gained 35 pounds in a few DAYS. I was not eating much being so sick and I knew my asthma medication always made me gain weight, but that time was worth because I was also under 3 or 4 rounds of strong antibiotics in a row.

This time (thanks to my sleeve!) I didn't gain anything but I was not losing at all either and that was really frustrating. I tried to breeze and each time I was feeling stressed, remember about 2011.

I exercised a lot during my one week in Japan late December, was eating more protein than usual and nothing happened! The medication was still in my system and took it's sweet time to clear!

This morning, the scale FINALLY moved! It's only one pound, but after a two months stall it feels really good!

Submit "In a stall for two months. Not gaining is winning (on the weight loss battle field ;-)!" to Digg Submit "In a stall for two months. Not gaining is winning (on the weight loss battle field ;-)!" to del.icio.us Submit "In a stall for two months. Not gaining is winning (on the weight loss battle field ;-)!" to StumbleUpon Submit "In a stall for two months. Not gaining is winning (on the weight loss battle field ;-)!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

PS: almost forgot to say I started to take artichoke supplement this week end to help with getting rid of toxins..
    I'm hearing Pat Benatar all over your subject!

I'm on a stall too, and on the water gain cycle (pms) this week which is bumming me out! I stepped on the scale this morning and it's 180lbs. I have had several episodes of vascular edema and I have low dose hydrochloride (water pill) that helps once a month.

Tell me more about the artichoke supplements.
    When I stalled I switched things up. I had been doing the same exercises, eating the same etc. So I took a break from exercise and ate a little more. Broke the stall :-)
    I think this time of year it's hard to avoid a stall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    I'm hearing Pat Benatar all over your subject!

I'm on a stall too, and on the water gain cycle (pms) this week which is bumming me out! I stepped on the scale this morning and it's 180lbs. I have had several episodes of vascular edema and I have low dose hydrochloride (water pill) that helps once a month.

Tell me more about the artichoke supplements.
    It's hard to find artichoke here in Taiwan. I used to eat hearts in salad but can't do any longer! So I came back from my last trip with artichoke extract but it does also exist in capsules. Artichoke is used to clean up you GI track, basically it will help with the waste, draining all bad stuff :cholesterol but also helping with liver functions.
    I used to take concentrate artichoke right after the winter holidays or Summer vacations to clear up the excess from food. Here clearly it was to help clear up the medication and I think it did help. My complexion always get better after I take artichoke. It's natural, no side effect..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydensmomma
    When I stalled I switched things up. I had been doing the same exercises, eating the same etc. So I took a break from exercise and ate a little more. Broke the stall :-)
    I tried that but it did nothing. I can't exercise much because I have new injuries (well, actually old one that got worth) but I know the medication was really the main issue here. Plus we have so much pollution this year, I really hope I won't get sick again. because it takes me so long to recover!
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa2
    I think this time of year it's hard to avoid a stall.
    Because we are in Asia we didn't really celebrate. Plus last year with a group of friend we did a big party but this year one moved and the other one was on holidays, so we decided to go to Japan for Xmas. For Xmas eve we were eating Japanese bbq (meat and veggies) and I had two pieces of pineapple. We came back everybody was sick so lot's of soups and New Year's eve same : grilled fish and veggies, this time two pieces of chocolate. We had a work function last week, food was done by a local chef, I had grilled fish...and one 1/4 cup of panacotta. No alcohol at all, I was drinking tea!
    So I think diet is still not the issue here, but my asthma treatment is guilty for sure.
    Plus the lack of exercise...sigh!!
    Chinese New Year is coming at the end of the month, that's what they celebrate here.
    But I'm not worried...it should not affect my diet either...I'm not a big fan of Chinese food, even if Chinese food is better here...but their sweets are just plain boring and since I've tried everything already I won't have any this year...no point...
    If we do something with friends I will bring my own food to share..
    I think I need to continue with my artichoke supplement to clear up my medication from my system...may be after two weeks of it I will see a real change!
    I am not as far as you so I don't have any good advice to give you but I hope your stall ends soon! I know even the small ones I have had in the beginning have been frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I am not as far as you so I don't have any good advice to give you but I hope your stall ends soon! I know even the small ones I have had in the beginning have been frustrating.
    Thanks Christie! The scale did move the day of my post which was a big relieve and it's moving since, I checked again this morning. It's noting big, one pound three days ago, half a pound today, but I can see a major difference even in my body. I think the medication "is gone" so my body can do it's job like before! I feel less bloated.
    Stalls are a pain. Because I'm getting closer from my goal I will probably need to get ready to expect many more. But two months was a long time..longest stall so far!