Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Christmas foods and family

Rate this Entry
Christmas was filled with family and food. Breads and sweets galore. All my family stuffing their faces with foods that I once had little self control around. While I was cooking a side dish of risotto I drank my protein shake. The risotto smelled heavenly but I had my husband taste test it. I really didn't have any desire to taste it even though it looked super creamy and smelled heavenly. We got to my families house and the appetizers and desserts were everywhere. Had a bite of cheese ball using a cracker as a spoon and then just ate the cheese off. Walked away and played with the smaller kids. Lunch was ham and pork with small dollops of side dishes. Ate what I could of the meat and veggies. Luckily my family lingers at the table talking so it gave me time to get my little bit of food in. Eventually I had a sugar cookie bite. It was a very small square the size of 2 pieces of gum stacked. (The kind that has a shell coating.) I would am so happy that I got through a high calorie dinner without any difficulties. I'm calling that a victory.

Submit "Christmas foods and family" to Digg Submit "Christmas foods and family" to del.icio.us Submit "Christmas foods and family" to StumbleUpon Submit "Christmas foods and family" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great job! I'm doing the same thing, going for the meats first (turkey tonight), then veggies, then try a tiny bit of other stuff. But it's still not easy! I'm 3 years out so can eat much more, have to be really careful. But today the 5 grandkids arrive to my activity will pick up!
    Great! Glad your were able to stick to your new way of eating. It is hard when it is such a special occasion. Having a hubby to taste test helps as well..
    Yes. Luckily this year is easy because I'm only 7 weeks post op and can't eat much. I'm sure next year will be more challenging.
    Great job! I am so scared about this, I think maybe the most scared of all (even more than the surgery itself) being at family events later and staying on track. Keep up your awesome work and I will use your story for inspiration!
    Yes great Job. I'm also around 7 weeks out, at this point it's a little bit of trial and error as to what I can tolerate. Watching everyone stuff their faces was a little funny and enlightening at the same time. I was able to look back in amazement at how much I used to eat.
    I had a bite of rib roast and roast duck. That was about it I had my protein shake later and felt satisfied.
    Girl I had two pieces of meat and butter garlic fresh string beans I had the rest for lunch the next day
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny53669
    Great job! I am so scared about this, I think maybe the most scared of all (even more than the surgery itself) being at family events later and staying on track. Keep up your awesome work and I will use your story for inspiration!
    Realistically you physically won't be able to eat much without getting sick. So it is really easy to stay on track. As time progresses you will be able to eat more and will have to rely on your lifestyle changes to be able to use self control. The thing people need to remember is that the more times you overeat, you can still stretch out your sleeve. We have to remember that this beautiful tool we've been given is ours to cherish and take care of. I know that this second chance I have been given will not be thrown away.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjohn0304
    Yes great Job. I'm also around 7 weeks out, at this point it's a little bit of trial and error as to what I can tolerate. Watching everyone stuff their faces was a little funny and enlightening at the same time. I was able to look back in amazement at how much I used to eat.
    I had a bite of rib roast and roast duck. That was about it I had my protein shake later and felt satisfied.
    Yes. I had a shake for breakfast for breakfast. I had 2 bites of ham for dinner. But I did not miss anything. Not even all the breads/rolls that used to be my weakness.
    Quote Originally Posted by shymamichula
    Girl I had two pieces of meat and butter garlic fresh string beans I had the rest for lunch the next day
    LOL. I always joke that the money spent on surgery is coming back in the form of the food I cannot eat now. I tell my hubby, "See how much we save when we go out to eat?" because I just nibble off everyone else. And so far no need to buy new clothes because I had all my multiple sizes still loitering in my garage. Can you say hoarder? But not to worry, I am throwing away my fat clothes each time I grow out of them. I have no intention of turning back.
    That's awesome! Definitely a victory, don't forget to pat yourself on the back! I just wanted to commend you on your coping skills to avoid the traps that are so innocently placed in the very front of our faces several times a day. Good for you and keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferc002
    That's awesome! Definitely a victory, don't forget to pat yourself on the back! I just wanted to commend you on your coping skills to avoid the traps that are so innocently placed in the very front of our faces several times a day. Good for you and keep it up!
    Thank you! I know people are well intentioned but it is definitely time we start putting ourselves first. Every time I am even remotely tempted I just remember what I went through to get here. It helps tremendously.