Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jenniferc002

3 days post op....

Rate this Entry
Merry Christmas everyone! 3 days post op and I'm finally starting to feel like I'm recovering. I've been able to get up and down on my own with some mild discomfort and I'm still sore from the gas. This morning I got up and made me some jello for later. I have made it my goal today to drink the liquids and proteins I'm supposed to. If anyone has any pointers for how to make this happen... it would be greatly appreciated.

Submit "3 days post op...." to Digg Submit "3 days post op...." to del.icio.us Submit "3 days post op...." to StumbleUpon Submit "3 days post op...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So Happy for you. Congratulations!
    Always always always have something in front of you to drink. At home, in your car, next to your bed, at work. Sip from the moment you wake up until the moment you fall asleep. Sip if you wake up in the middle of the night. Set a timer for every 10-15 min if you have to. Set mini goals throughout the day...16 oz before work, another 16 oz. before lunch, 16 oz in the afternoon, 16+ oz before going to bed. Find what liquids go down best...warm vs cold vs room temp. Make sure whatever you drink contains protein....protein water, protein shakes, unflavored protein added to broths and soups, drinkable yogurt, etc. if you feel full or gassy or bloated get up and walk around. This decompresses the pressure in your belly and helps move things through your GI tract.
    Everything Kindle said is spot on. You won't want it but your body needs it. It's going to get easier and easier. Congrats!