Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Cravings

Rate this Entry
I'm really shocked and excited to say I haven't had any cravings. When I see stuff I used to love I really haven't even been tempted to eat it. Not even bread. I used to absolutely love nice European style crusty bread. It still looks yummy and smells yummy but I haven't been tempted by it. I've been great about following a low carb diet. I've NEVER been able to do that. I knew this would help with eating less but I really think it's helping me make better choices. I also am thinking regularly about what my best options are for nutrition when I plan my meals. Highest, leanest protein source to nourish my body. I'm willingly making great nutrition choices and it feels so easy. Who is this girl??? Maybe it is a magic bullet?! LOL. I know it's not but I really think knowing this is my second chance on life I'm making the most of it. It's my do over. My chance to get it right this time. And it feels natural. Not foreign at all. It may not be a magic bullet but I'm so glad that I made this decision and have all you wonderful friends going through this with me. Thank you for being on this journey with me!!

Submit "Cravings" to Digg Submit "Cravings" to del.icio.us Submit "Cravings" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cravings" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So happy for you that you're using this opportunity so well. You sound so happy. Congratulations.
    Thank you Ann2! I am super happy.
    Good for you Christie! Keep it up. Reading this is very encouraging.
    Just got done making Christmas cookies with my kids. Did not want any. And while icing the sugar cookies I didn't even lick my fingers. I'm pretty stoked about this because I used to love sweets!
    My favorite meal used to be the Big Mac meal from McDonald's, fries and all. I used to eat it all the time. Haven't had one in three years, and it sounds amazingly gross. (Now I will have about a quarter of hubby's good burger at a restaurant.)
    I am on the same way of thinking as well. For years I have wanted to eat healthier, have more energy and just feel good about myself. This gastric sleeve surgery is going to do that for me. It is the right frame of mind that counts. I am fortunate though, my husband is doing this with me. We both wanted to be healthier in the long run.

Our doctor explained to us on how to approach food. He said, think like our stomach is a new baby. You don't know how the baby will react to new foods, so you only serve small bites to make sure it will work for you and you only feed babies nutritional filled foods. A little simple but it seems to stick in my head now!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    My favorite meal used to be the Big Mac meal from McDonald's, fries and all. I used to eat it all the time. Haven't had one in three years, and it sounds amazingly gross. (Now I will have about a quarter of hubby's good burger at a restaurant.)
    Yes. Just looking at fast food makes me want to gag. No desire whatsoever. Even the smell that I used to find some yummy is nauseating. I was wondering if that would change with time but reading your post makes me hopeful that it won't. I am always thinking about what/where I will be able to find something suitable to eat when I go places. Learned to always carry a pouch of tuna and protein bar in my purse.
    Great reading you!
    Thank you.