Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

czorin

Sleeve w/ Gallbladder Removal

Rate this Entry
TMI ALERT!

I'll keep it brief....

I was warned by a lady in our group, that if I felt the build-up of gas, or a "rumbling in my backside", go straight to the toilet. More than air may be escaping....keep a clean pair of shorts nearby.

I'm now 5 days post-op, and most of my ingested liquids appear to be coming from my bum... I choose my routes of travel, based on the possibility of a clean restroom. Any input on how long this will haunt me?

Submit "Sleeve w/ Gallbladder Removal" to Digg Submit "Sleeve w/ Gallbladder Removal" to del.icio.us Submit "Sleeve w/ Gallbladder Removal" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sleeve w/ Gallbladder Removal" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It's hard to say as everyone is different and there is no standard. I only had blowouts like 3-4 times. And then I had the opposite problem. Constipation. I actually had to go the enema route because I was so backed up. Now a stool softener is my best friend. Fingers crossed this passes soon for you. I'm assuming that once your on soft foods/solids it'll stop. When did your doctor say you could start soft foods?
    I had IBS pre-op and it's almost gone now. But a few week post-op (3 or 4) I was still running to the bathroom, also I discovered I can't stand Whey protein and that was the main reason. Then I had to take huge doses of iron and constipation arrived a few times, but since it was gone for 20 years I can't complain..anyway don't worry, it will stop.
    It's important to drink "a lot" (well, sip all day) during those episodes to avoid dehydration. And also take your vitamins. Take care!
    Liquid in, liquid out. Just pray you don't get constipated when you start more solid foods!
    I love reading your posts. You are so lucky your Queen is an RN to help you with anything that comes up! I love your posts they make me less afraid!
    "most of my ingested liquids appear to be coming from my bum" - This made me really LOL.

It will pass for sure, and hope when it does, it will be in solid format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    It's hard to say as everyone is different and there is no standard. I only had blowouts like 3-4 times. And then I had the opposite problem. Constipation. I actually had to go the enema route because I was so backed up. Now a stool softener is my best friend. Fingers crossed this passes soon for you. I'm assuming that once your on soft foods/solids it'll stop. When did your doctor say you could start soft foods?
    Thanks Christie13. I start my soft foods on 12/27. I'm actually looking forward to some baby food!
    @Sandra3 - i'll try to keep hydrated. So far, whey protein is my friend!
    @Pam G, @yolymarie, and @manzerick - comic relief. I'm glad we're here for each other! :-D
    Has it gotten any better?