Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JLPSch

Things You Do Now that You've Lost Weight

Rate this Entry
One of the things I wanted to do when I lost weight was go ice skating. I finally did it last year and wrote about it on my blog:

https://downthescale.com/2015/12/08/...he-to-do-list/

https://www.facebook.com/downthescale

What is on your list to do when you lose weight? What have you done? I'd love to hear about it!

Jen

Submit "Things You Do Now that You've Lost Weight" to Digg Submit "Things You Do Now that You've Lost Weight" to del.icio.us Submit "Things You Do Now that You've Lost Weight" to StumbleUpon Submit "Things You Do Now that You've Lost Weight" to Google

Comments

I am going to go zip lining this year. I am already in the weight range! Super excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by saramichelle
    I am going to go zip lining this year. I am already in the weight range! Super excited.

Oh, I'm going to add that to my list! That sounds like fun! Enjoy!
    I want to walk the golf course! For now, I'll be happy to finish 18 holes without being exhausted!
    I sit on the side of the hot tub or pool in my bikini instead of hiding under the water.
    I hop up into my saddle without having to find a log or rock to climb up on first.
    I am at the front of the pack of any hiking trip I go on instead of hacking up a lung in the back and avoiding anything longer than a mile or two. Can easily knock off 10-20 miles in a single day.
    I sit with my legs crossed all the time.
    Even 3 years later, I still stare at myself in awe every time I walk by a mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamma
    I want to walk the golf course! For now, I'll be happy to finish 18 holes without being exhausted!
    That is a fantastic goal! Best wishes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindle
    I sit on the side of the hot tub or pool in my bikini instead of hiding under the water.
    I hop up into my saddle without having to find a log or rock to climb up on first.
    I am at the front of the pack of any hiking trip I go on instead of hacking up a lung in the back and avoiding anything longer than a mile or two. Can easily knock off 10-20 miles in a single day.
    I sit with my legs crossed all the time.
    Even 3 years later, I still stare at myself in awe every time I walk by a mirror.

Wow!! So impressive and inspiring!! I also look in the mirror in surprise sometimes. Isn't it amazing what we can do!
    I look forward to being able to cross my legs...sounds goofy. Can't wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy
    I look forward to being able to cross my legs...sounds goofy. Can't wait
    It's not goofy at all! I think it's all the little things like crossing your legs and walking up stairs easily that all add up. Best wishes!
    I told my husband last week that I wanted to go ice skating this past Saturday. He made arrangements. Then the thought of being around a bunch of kids turned me off. No ice skating for me. We will go parasailing when summer rolls back around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina
    I told my husband last week that I wanted to go ice skating this past Saturday. He made arrangements. Then the thought of being around a bunch of kids turned me off. No ice skating for me. We will go parasailing when summer rolls back around.
    It is a bit of an obstacle course with kids on the rink! Parasailing sounds great, though!
    Things I'm looking forward to once I've gotten rid of enough weight:

Walk through Pike Place Market and leisurely shop, without pain

Go hiking to a nice camping spot in the mountains by a lake where I can fish and EVENTUALLY hike with my kayak on my head so I can kayak/fish the lake.

Sit with my legs crossed

Put on shoes/tie shoes without pain

Not have to worry about a double chin when people take pictures of me

General mobility without pain would be a miracle right now. To be able to DO without wondering if I CAN do ________ (insert ANY activity here)
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    Things I'm looking forward to once I've gotten rid of enough weight:

Walk through Pike Place Market and leisurely shop, without pain

Go hiking to a nice camping spot in the mountains by a lake where I can fish and EVENTUALLY hike with my kayak on my head so I can kayak/fish the lake.

Sit with my legs crossed

Put on shoes/tie shoes without pain

Not have to worry about a double chin when people take pictures of me

General mobility without pain would be a miracle right now. To be able to DO without wondering if I CAN do ________ (insert ANY activity here)
    These are all awesome goals! I wish you the best!!!
    Buy way too many clothes because everything looks cute. Been the same size for over 2 years.

Pack for a trip without trying anything on first to see if it fits.

Run. At a Minute Clinic they took my pulse and the lady said, "Are you a runner?" Well yes, I am.

Still shocked when I see the number 8 in my pants or a S in my shirt.

Love to have my picture taken now. You will find very few fat pictures, because I hid from the camera.

Ski, climb mountains, zip-line, kayak, SUP, wear a bathing suit in public, the list is endless.

I just feel NORMAL. Priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Buy way too many clothes because everything looks cute. Been the same size for over 2 years.

Pack for a trip without trying anything on first to see if it fits.

Run. At a Minute Clinic they took my pulse and the lady said, "Are you a runner?" Well yes, I am.

Still shocked when I see the number 8 in my pants or a S in my shirt.

Love to have my picture taken now. You will find very few fat pictures, because I hid from the camera.

Ski, climb mountains, zip-line, kayak, SUP, wear a bathing suit in public, the list is endless.

I just feel NORMAL. Priceless.
    So many fantastic things!! I think feeling normal is truly priceless!!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    I'm almost 11 months out and I haven't reach my own goal yet, but so far I do have a small list:
    -fly economy and feel ok about it, no need for an extension belt anymore! and I can open the tray!
    - be on the photo: usually I was the one taking the photo or I was hiding behind my kids or friends, not anymore!
    -sit with confidence anywhere without checking first if the sit is going to hold me..or even sit in a booth of any size!
    - I'm able to rent a tiny car in Europe and I can actually feel ok inside the car!
    -I'm in Asia so the sizes are smaller than anywhere else, I've been able to find a few clothing pieces those past months....was a big surprise!
    - cross my legs...a big change!
    - not stay in a corner when I take the metro to have more grip, in fear I could fall on someone and injure him/her...now I'm ok everywhere.
    - walk more than 8 miles ...before WLS 3 was agony....now I'm just ok!
    - feel more like a normal human being and not a whale or a giant...
    - have hope I'm not going to die the next decade since my health improved so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    I'm almost 11 months out and I haven't reach my own goal yet, but so far I do have a small list:
    -fly economy and feel ok about it, no need for an extension belt anymore! and I can open the tray!
    - be on the photo: usually I was the one taking the photo or I was hiding behind my kids or friends, not anymore!
    -sit with confidence anywhere without checking first if the sit is going to hold me..or even sit in a booth of any size!
    - I'm able to rent a tiny car in Europe and I can actually feel ok inside the car!
    -I'm in Asia so the sizes are smaller than anywhere else, I've been able to find a few clothing pieces those past months....was a big surprise!
    - cross my legs...a big change!
    - not stay in a corner when I take the metro to have more grip, in fear I could fall on someone and injure him/her...now I'm ok everywhere.
    - walk more than 8 miles ...before WLS 3 was agony....now I'm just ok!
    - feel more like a normal human being and not a whale or a giant...
    - have hope I'm not going to die the next decade since my health improved so much.

Such a great list! It's the big and the little things that make losing weight so wonderful! Best wishes!
    -Go skydiving!! I've always wanted to but there's a weight limit. Missed doing this with some good friends for a 30th birthday.
    -Go ziplining
    -The skyjump off the Statosphere Tower in Las Vegas
    -Look as good in pictures as I currently trick the camera into thinking I am (ex: my avatar), lol.
    -Fit in an airplane seat without an extender for the seatbelt

Basically to be able to do anything I want to without fear of being too fat or breaking something, or being laughed at by others. People are mean.
    I want to go horseback riding. I'm still heavy right now, but come spring I'll be on that horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by NrseJessie
    -Go skydiving!! I've always wanted to but there's a weight limit. Missed doing this with some good friends for a 30th birthday.
    -Go ziplining
    -The skyjump off the Statosphere Tower in Las Vegas
    -Look as good in pictures as I currently trick the camera into thinking I am (ex: my avatar), lol.
    -Fit in an airplane seat without an extender for the seatbelt

Basically to be able to do anything I want to without fear of being too fat or breaking something, or being laughed at by others. People are mean.

Great list! Skydiving is on my list, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatbgone
    I want to go horseback riding. I'm still heavy right now, but come spring I'll be on that horse.
    I need to add horseback riding to my list. It sounds like a great spring time activity!