Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Oh Lisa

Feeling a little miserable. Any advice?

Rate this Entry
I had my sleeve 2 days ago. Back to the hotel yesterday and the nausea started. A few tiny sips and wham. Walking a ton. And last night I threw up so called the doc. Going in for the barium test this morning. He says I'm probably really inflamed so they will give steroids to me. Anyone else have this happen. I feel totally fine until I try to get anything down. My fear is I fly home tomorrow so then what. Any advice is appreciated.

Submit "Feeling a little miserable. Any advice?" to Digg Submit "Feeling a little miserable. Any advice?" to del.icio.us Submit "Feeling a little miserable. Any advice?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Feeling a little miserable. Any advice?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The best advice is to hang in there, it will pass. I was very lucky that my sleeve went easy but, I've had serious complications with plastics, and felt very very low this last month. Time, and building on the small successes will make it better.

As I found out, even with a set back, it will make you stronger in the end. The more you overcome, the more you will cement your footprint in the right direction on this journey.

Hang in there! You got this!
    I sure hope you feel better. Just take it easy!!!!
    Don't have surgery in Mexico? Just kidding, I know many of you are super successful and LOVED your Mexico experience, but I can't imagine being sick enough where you should be in the hospital and then a long day of busses, airplanes, and cars. Yuck. I enjoyed my 5 minute ride home to my bed.

But seriously, you will feel better everyday. I felt really close to normal in one week. Your surgeon should be able to give you something for the nausea. If that doesn't help, change your flight and stay a day or two longer. Feel better!
    I was vomiting for three days non stop post-op. My surgeon advised me to mix juice and water on the thrid day because I couldn't keep water or anything down. He said that the sugar would help my stomach to tolerate the liquid. He was right. I was on an IV for those three days. If you can't drink, you shouldn't leave the hospital. Good luck and take care.
    My surgeon prescribed me a medication for nausea. I only needed it a few days. I went back to work a week later. No complications and I am just over 4 weeks out. It gets easier and easier. I have heartburn but I've heard Prilosec is the go to for that. I bought some today so we will see if it helps me.
    Thanks so much - went back in and had a lovely cocktail mix and a huge air bubble that wasn't letting anything down. I'm home now and starting the postop diet. I didn't realize that the post op would be even longer/harder than the pre-op but there is no turning back now Thanks for all your support!
    I am a month out and i get sick literally every time i put something in my mouth. I hope you get better. its not a good feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh Lisa
    Thanks so much - went back in and had a lovely cocktail mix and a huge air bubble that wasn't letting anything down. I'm home now and starting the postop diet. I didn't realize that the post op would be even longer/harder than the pre-op but there is no turning back now Thanks for all your support!
    Don't fret the post op phases. Your tummy has an open wound that needs to heal. You'll be chowing down soon enough, believe me, there'll be times when you'll wish you were back in the immediate post op days.
    OhLisa, and KariVSG

Dr. Alvarez (Ask Dr. A, on Youtube) says that is likely due to inflammation of your sleeve and taking 20 mg omeprazole 2x daily (once in AM and once at night) for 3 to 4 weeks will fix it. It may happen occasionally and if/when it does the cure is a round of anti-acids.

Hope that helps you feel better.
    I had nausea at first too, they gave me some kind of patch behind my ear for it and it went away. Only took one day. Ask your doc.