Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DEZURI

Newbie one week

Rate this Entry
Had sleeve done 7 days ago so far so far doing ok I think I was given puddings and yogurt too early tho when I wos taken up to my room after recovery from surgery my nurse brought my wate and apple juice and yogurt and jello to try I was so confused I thought only clear liquids for one week post opt?? Any ideas? All week I've been fine with jello and water and broth had pudding made with protein mix but I can't get in more than 12 ounces of water a day wen will I be able to drink more water? Down 14lbs so far super excited!

Submit "Newbie one week" to Digg Submit "Newbie one week" to del.icio.us Submit "Newbie one week" to StumbleUpon Submit "Newbie one week" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm almost two months post surgery. What you're experiencing is very typical from what I was told and have experienced myself. Upon returning home I continued the clear liquids for a few days and then added protein drinks which helped to take care of the nutrition I needed. Am just recently transitioned back to regular foods. Yes, it doesn't take all that much to make me feel like I'm going to lose it if I go any further, so I take that as my sign to stop. Again, the protein drinks help with making sure I'm getting enough nutrition in. Good luck!
    I was on full liquids including protein shakes when I got home. Slowly added jello, yogurt and sugar free puddings. Just keep sipping at the protein drinks.
    My surgeon said liquids only for 2 weeks. Then 2 weeks of soft puréed foods. Now I am on solids. But I say that loosely bc I can only eat a few bites and I'm full. Also, was told not to drink and eat together as it causes hair loss. I've seen a lot of differences in pre op and post op from different surgeons. My pre op was 11 days with shakes at breakfast and dinner while lunch was lean protein and veggies. Then 3 days only liquids. I think each person is unique but I was told the liquid/soft phase after surgery helps prevent leaks. The 3 days only liquids prior is to avoid complications during surgery as your stomach needs to be completely empty.
    After my surgery I was surprised too. They brought me broth, apple juice, Popsicles, a roll and butter. I was like "A ROLL" really. it was a mistake, but damn i was so hungry i could have ate it.
    Thank you for your post @DEZURI. I've been reading a lot of post, gathering info here and there, and if I didn't see what you posted and the comments, I probably would have tried whatever the Nurses brought me! Thanks to everyone for their replies!