Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

50yosleever

Over 3 years and still have not reached my goal!!

Rate this Entry
I am almost 4 years out and still struggling to reach my goal. I feel like a huge failure because I have resorted to my old eating habits,. I have gain 9lbs from my lowest which still was not my goal. I need help and encouragement to get back on track. I am eating a lot of slider foods because it easier. Any advice on how to get back on track. I hope I have not stretched my pouch.

Submit "Over 3 years and still have not reached my goal!!" to Digg Submit "Over 3 years and still have not reached my goal!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Over 3 years and still have not reached my goal!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Over 3 years and still have not reached my goal!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Did you have a lot to lose? That will take a while! Get back to how us sleeved people should eat and you will start losing again.
    Hello!
    Is it your goal or the surgeon's suggestion? because it could be different..I started with a really high weight so I know I will not reach a "normal" BMI...I will probably still be overweight but hopefully out of obesity. My surgeon thinks I can lose around 110 pounds, I lost 95 so far (10 months out) and it's becoming harder to lose more than 4 pounds per month. Technically, if you look at studies, they say that with a sleeve we will lose between 50 to 60% of the extra weight. And then expect a regain at 18 months (Around 5%). So I'm hoping to still lose around 40 pounds but not sure it's realistic...we'll see.
    I don't know how much you lost in total but it seems to me that a 9 pounds regain is not that bad!
    If I was you I would start from basics: tracking all my food intake, lower my carbs, at least 60gr protein per day, veggies, lot's of water (green tea is good too).
    A little walking on top of it and just jump on the scale once a week and enjoy the result!
    A doctor said that years after a sleeve a patient should be able to eat only half of what he could eat before. That's still a good restriction!
    The sleeve is still there to help you, you should be back on track in no time.
    Good luck and take care!
    Are you exercising? That can help. Do not eat slider foods. You are sabatoging yourself.
    Oooo, I'm with you lady! I never reached my goal weight. I lost 80 lbs and then regained 30 of that back very easily. However, my body has the new weight as a set point and never goes over or under that weight. I also graze with Skinny Pop popcorn and other sliders. I am thinking that if I don't deal with my mind, this weight will never come off, PLUS, I'm menopausal in a cold weather state where hibernation reigns, so lack of energy or desire to get out and go. I am interested in doing the pouch test to see if that works to kick start my weight loss again, but being so far out I'm afraid that my pouch has stretched out too and that I won't get the same effect as when I first got my sleeve. I sometimes think I should have went with the full bypass because they have greater success, of course that's hindsight. At other times I just feel like just being happy with who I am and living my life as a tall full-figured girl.

Sorry, I couldn't be of any help to you, but I completely relate being almost three years out.
    "I am thinking that if I don't deal with my mind, this weight will never come off"

....no truer words were ever spoken. Obesity is a psychological struggle, and unfortunately WLS surgery does nothing to change the REAL reasons behind why we all got fat. Without addressing these, you would likely have the same results with bypass. Alternative coping mechanisms and a permanent change of our eating habits and behaviors are the only way to be successful long term. My therapist has been far more useful than my surgeon in helping me reach my goal and maintain my loss.

Good luck to all of you.
    I'm really feeling that Kindle. Thank you and I think I will try some counseling 'cause this is hot mess!
    I am in same boat, sleeved years ago and gained about 20 of the 80 lost back before even reaching my goal weight and am very unhappy about it. I tried to do paleo, no go, then when i went off paleo went a lil nuts, so I bought a waist trainer on amazon. I got the "Yianna Waist Trainer Tummy Belt-Body Shaper Belt for Hourglass Shaper" less than 20 bucks. I did not buy this for a shaper or for skin tightening, I use it to reset my sleeve in a way.

I decided I wanted to try daily fasting, so what I do is I eat my last meal at dinner then bed about 3 hrs later, then I do not eat until 11am-12pm the next day as my first meal breaking my fast. Now I wake up at 530am and around 7am I make DAILY bacon for my bf's breakfast so it is SUPER hard to not eat...esp since breakfast is my fave. So instead when I wake up I pull on my Waist Trainer and move it to squeeze wherever the hunger pangs are and they kinda squash them for lack of a better term. I have been doing this for 2 weeks now, I count cals but since my cals dont start till noon I can usually have a "regular" lunch and dinner w/ my family since i saved my bfast cals.

Now I noticed after 2 weeks that my sleeve is almost reshrunk, feels almost the same as it did before, when i was more newly sleeved, really hard for me to eat my lunch and dinner cals w/out feeling uncomfortably full and takes me about 1.5 hrs again to eat a simple meal. Even if I want to snack between meals I put on the trainer. When i first started I ate w/ the trainer on...now in week 3 I take off the trainer to eat more comfortably but still feel the sleeve re-tightness. It's working for me so far....lost 3.5 lbs the 1st 2 weeks but more importantly feel less hungry again. I would say at first I wore it about 6-8 hrs a day....now I would say I wear it about 2-4 only when my brain tells my I am hungry when i am not and in the morning for the fast.

Now that that is all said, I did not check w/ any physician I just saw an article on waist trainers and appetite suppression and decided to try it. The trainer I got is not good to wear under clothes for work it is kind of bulky, I work from home so wasn't an issue for me. They do have corset ones but i had a hard time finding one that fit me and was tight enough. Also I didn't want to keep buying them as I shrunk down...and I also wanted to be able to adjust it because sometimes my tummy is hungry and sometimes I feel the hunger more in my diaphragm area for some reason so I like to adjust it to where the hunger pangs are. Hopefully this will work long term for me since its still in its beginning stages.

Good luck to all on your journey!
    I CAN RELATE! I'm almost 3 years out and exactly the same, so I'm doing the pouch test not to see if the pouch is the same size but to reset my weight loss journey. I know it's possible because I just got over that cruddy flu that's going around and couldn't eat nothing but soup and drink lemon water and lost 5 lbs. Yea, so try that and see if it jump starts your plan again. Eating your way around the sleeve is something that all of us can do easily because that's what we do, right?

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by dayzeyblue
    I am in same boat, sleeved years ago and gained about 20 of the 80 lost back before even reaching my goal weight and am very unhappy about it. I tried to do paleo, no go, then when i went off paleo went a lil nuts, so I bought a waist trainer on amazon. I got the "Yianna Waist Trainer Tummy Belt-Body Shaper Belt for Hourglass Shaper" less than 20 bucks. I did not buy this for a shaper or for skin tightening, I use it to reset my sleeve in a way.

I decided I wanted to try daily fasting, so what I do is I eat my last meal at dinner then bed about 3 hrs later, then I do not eat until 11am-12pm the next day as my first meal breaking my fast. Now I wake up at 530am and around 7am I make DAILY bacon for my bf's breakfast so it is SUPER hard to not eat...esp since breakfast is my fave. So instead when I wake up I pull on my Waist Trainer and move it to squeeze wherever the hunger pangs are and they kinda squash them for lack of a better term. I have been doing this for 2 weeks now, I count cals but since my cals dont start till noon I can usually have a "regular" lunch and dinner w/ my family since i saved my bfast cals.

Now I noticed after 2 weeks that my sleeve is almost reshrunk, feels almost the same as it did before, when i was more newly sleeved, really hard for me to eat my lunch and dinner cals w/out feeling uncomfortably full and takes me about 1.5 hrs again to eat a simple meal. Even if I want to snack between meals I put on the trainer. When i first started I ate w/ the trainer on...now in week 3 I take off the trainer to eat more comfortably but still feel the sleeve re-tightness. It's working for me so far....lost 3.5 lbs the 1st 2 weeks but more importantly feel less hungry again. I would say at first I wore it about 6-8 hrs a day....now I would say I wear it about 2-4 only when my brain tells my I am hungry when i am not and in the morning for the fast.

Now that that is all said, I did not check w/ any physician I just saw an article on waist trainers and appetite suppression and decided to try it. The trainer I got is not good to wear under clothes for work it is kind of bulky, I work from home so wasn't an issue for me. They do have corset ones but i had a hard time finding one that fit me and was tight enough. Also I didn't want to keep buying them as I shrunk down...and I also wanted to be able to adjust it because sometimes my tummy is hungry and sometimes I feel the hunger more in my diaphragm area for some reason so I like to adjust it to where the hunger pangs are. Hopefully this will work long term for me since its still in its beginning stages.

Good luck to all on your journey!
    which one did you get, black, black mesh, nude mesh??