Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

manzerick

Three Year Update

Rate this Entry
I’m almost a month behind but, it has been an eventful delay.

On 10/12/16 I had the “back part” of a LBL and had a few setbacks but, am recovering perfectly now.

I saw my Dr for a 3 year checkup and, I was my lowest weight to date. A lot of it has to do with no working out(almost 2 months now, returning in 2-3 weeks), and just not eating as much. I feel the lack of activity makes me less hungry. We will see how that goes when I return to the gym.

Eating is the issue but, not an issue. I don't seem to eat much real food, and gravitate towards protein bars/shakes. I have been working in 2 food meals a day but, need to focus on this before it is too engraved in my brain as ok. I seem to kinda binge at times but, not to a point of concern. They seem to line up with times I didn't eat for a very long time, and doesn't lead to any negative sides (I.E puking lol). I do overeat and puke 3-4 times a year I would guess. I work to keep it away but, sometimes a grazing binge will do me in. So far, it's not out of whack but, something to keep an eye on.

Like most, I fear regain. I fear giving this all back. My life is so much better, this was worth it all. I wish I had done it sooner but, realize I did it at the perfect time. I would have never been ready before. I still attend group meetings, and can see when folks get this too soon, and are not ready for the change. Heck, I didn't think I was really ready but, faked it until i made it I guess.

3 years down, 7 to go before I say "I have done my job". It's just not real until it is at least 10 years out for me. I've done 1-2-3-4 years before. Not 10 of good health. All in all, that is the long range goal. Today is the current goal. Never get too far ahead, or behind.

What a year of finding out what I’m made of. I had a good number of injuries this year, and was able to work around them. A few times I thought “the party was over”, and then would heal enough to push again. It’s funny how taking this journey we all have makes the other pains of life seem smaller.

After what we have been through with weigh, physical injuries are nothing. We are all stronger for having to get knocked down like this.

I normally have many words of advice, or something to say. For the first time I am really at a point of no words. Is this the new normal? I don’t know for sure but, will bless you all with a short, short post(By my standard)

Hope everyone is doing well, and getting ready for the holidays!

One love

Submit "Three Year Update" to Digg Submit "Three Year Update" to del.icio.us Submit "Three Year Update" to StumbleUpon Submit "Three Year Update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

whats an LBL?
    LBL is a "lower body lift". I had the front done last year, and now did the back side. It is I guess the lack love handles, back skin, and buns lift of sorts. At least my buns seems a bit higher LOL
    U did the footwork and you are reaping the rewards
    congrats
    Congrats on all your victories. To still be going strong at 3 years is very inspirational. Wow. Was there a lot of recovery with the LBL? How about scarring? Are they super noticeable?
    Ty, I appreciate the kind words!

The scaring is getting a lot better for the front part. My little icon picture thingy here shows my stomach. There is a vertical line but, it runs right in like the "ab crevice", making it not as noticeable as it fade. The back side that I just did is very red but, pencil thin. Kinda shocked how thin the scar is, much thinner than the front part. I believe once I started moving the front got a bit wider, I'll find out very soon. Training begins