Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

tlggirl

Traveling from US to Mexico without Passport

Rate this Entry
Has anyone re-entered the US without a passport recently? I understand you can with social security card, birth certificate, marriage license and valid driver's license. Anyone have any problems with entry to the US?

Submit "Traveling from US to Mexico without Passport" to Digg Submit "Traveling from US to Mexico without Passport" to del.icio.us Submit "Traveling from US to Mexico without Passport" to StumbleUpon Submit "Traveling from US to Mexico without Passport" to Google

Comments

I know that used to be true. Now you need either a passport or a passport card to gain re-entry. This changed a few years ago. Most people here in AZ have the passport card
    I had mine done in March 2015 and just used a birth certificate and drivers license. Its medical tourism so it was fine. I would check with the border patrol though and ask for that specific area, mine was the san diego, TJ border.
    One of the ladies in the van, along with her partner, only showed their birth certificates and DL. It wasn't a problem. I guess they see the driver ALL THE TIME! LOL
    Great. I plan to use my driver's license, birth certificate and marriage license. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
    I just returned from Mexico and my friend only used his birth certificate and DL.
    A
    Yes u can use a Drivers license and birth certificate to cross border in mexico. Although it is best to get ur passport.
    Thank you for your feedback. This is helpful. I appreciate it.
    VERY helpful info. Thanks all. This eases my mind.
    I have the same concern, I'm planning on getting a passport, but my sister-in-law wants to go with me and I don't want her to have to pay for one if she doesn't have to.