Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KariVSG

2 Weeks post-op!!!

Rate this Entry
I had my sleeve surgery on 11/8/2016, i think all of my problems started in the hospital while i was recovering. I was having some belly pain id rate it a 4-5. (Note: my allergies are MORPHINE.) I asked the nurse for something for pain and guess what I got? MORPHINE. So the nausea and vomiting started. I even had Morphine listed on my allergy bracelet WTF. So I asked the nurse what i was given for pain and she said Morphine. I told her i was allergic she said no nausea and vomiting arent an allergy they are a side affect. I didnt want any more of it. So they gave me IV tylenol. I was sent home the next day per my request, I couldnt keep anything down, not even water. so after a week I contacted my doctor and went in for an appointment. He said lets do another procedure, and EGD with balloon. I said anything if its going to help. We did the scope and he said my sleeve was extremely tight, and swollen and it was going to take some time for the swelling to go down. Since the 18th thats when i had the follow up procedure done i have lost 6 more pounds. But as of today I can keep a small amount of mashed potatoes down. It felt so good to actually have something in my belly, But now I am having some slight discomfort. It will pass. Im sorry I havent been on in a while just trying to recuperate and take care of my mom and work. I can see a difference in my face and in my boobs they are both getting smaller..

Submit "2 Weeks post-op!!!" to Digg Submit "2 Weeks post-op!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "2 Weeks post-op!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 Weeks post-op!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm sorry that you had to go through that. But, it sounds like you're on the mend. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.
    yep, N/V is a side effect of all opioid narcotics, that's why so many people are nauseous and vomit during the first week after surgery.....and then comes the constipation, which is another side effect of opioids.

I was very lucky to have a "caine" pump in my belly for pain. Never even needed a tylenol. I don't know why surgeons don't use those. I also had one for my shoulder repair and had minimal pain.
    I am really glad to see you are back on. Really good that you are on your way to healing. I sure can't wait to see some pics.
    I'm glad you are doing better!
    The beginning could be hard...hopefully it will get better and better with time.
    I had some issues with swollen tissues so at the hospital they gave me an injection of corticoids (I think) to calm down the inflammation.
    But three days of vomiting non stop did make things difficult to drink. I was always border line dehydrated for at least three months. Try little sips all day and different temperatures could help. For months I could only have iced cold water. For the food I was having bites the size of a peanut. Bigger bite and I felt uncomfortable/weird. It will get better! Best wishes!
    Doing good today I actually kept food down yesterday, Yeah me

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Rose
    I'm sorry that you had to go through that. But, it sounds like you're on the mend. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.
    As of right now i am not on any medications. I need to start my vitamins though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    yep, N/V is a side effect of all opioid narcotics, that's why so many people are nauseous and vomit during the first week after surgery.....and then comes the constipation, which is another side effect of opioids.

I was very lucky to have a "caine" pump in my belly for pain. Never even needed a tylenol. I don't know why surgeons don't use those. I also had one for my shoulder repair and had minimal pain.
    Yep still alive and well. Im glad i have such wonderful friends

Quote Originally Posted by barbaradear1
    I am really glad to see you are back on. Really good that you are on your way to healing. I sure can't wait to see some pics.
    You take care of yourself honey and stay strong and focused. Don't let the doc off the hook with your care either. In your corner and cheering for ya...xoxoxoNB
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    Yep still alive and well. Im glad i have such wonderful friends
    so glad you checked in with your other doctor,
    missed
    Sending All Good Thoughts and Prayers!

omgoodness. hang in. it does get better!