Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

Shoe size

Rate this Entry
Hello friends!!

Today it's time to talk about a serious topic:shoes!!

When being big for so long, most of the time I didn't see the point of buying more "giant tent style" clothing...and instead I would enjoy to get nice shoes, at least I thought that if I was going to lose that extra weight one day, at least I would still be able to wear my fav shoes....WRONG!!

So far, ten months out, +90 pounds down since my first consult (110 from my highest weight), I went from 8 1/2 to 7 1/2 and feel that I could go back to 7 because 7 1/2 is becoming too lose...I was a 7 before my first pregnancy 20 years ago..and during my last pregnancy ten years ago I even went up to a 9!

So don't get me wrong: I'm very happy to lose weight. I'm very happy to give away all those big giant pieces of clothing even if I liked some of them....I'm just sad about the shoes.
Like really sad.

Did you all lose at least one shoe size? or I just have balloon feet?

Submit "Shoe size" to Digg Submit "Shoe size" to del.icio.us Submit "Shoe size" to StumbleUpon Submit "Shoe size" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am 6 weeks out and am having the loose shoe issue. I had a problem prior to surgery that my feet would swell like balloons. MY skin would get so tight it was shiny. I have not had that issue since surgery.

I feel I am too early to go on a show shopping spree but I might have to get a pair of winter shoes as none of mine are feeling right. I had to wear a pair today that used to be my favorites and it felt like I borrowed someone else's shoes. I can't really feel bad about replacing shoes that just don't feel right on my feet.

I am looking forward to putting on sandals next summer and not have the straps so tight that they left indents in my feet.
    i agree
    I must of had major swelling in my feet because I went from a size 10 to a 9 already.
    When I became obese 20 years ago, the baby was born, nothing was fitting any more and at that time not many stores did sell larger sizes for women (in France). So even if I always liked fashion, I didn't buy much after that, mostly basics for work. Most of what I found was either uggly or too expensive. Except for shoes. I did find nicer clothing in the US years later but always through "don't buy too much you will lose weight...what a waste!". May be during my next trip I will be able to try on my shoes from "before being obese"...still in a big box somewhere..
    I went down a shoe size, too! And if it hasn't happened yet, your rings and even bracelets will become too big.
    My bracelets are almost all too big. Guess it's time to find beading supplies and restring the good ones. Last year's high boots don't fit because my calves are no longer plus sized. Have shoes from before leg started swelling that are 81/2 and am hoping they fit.
    I too, am a shoeaholic. Bought new wardrobe, found old winter coat but don't want to replace shoes too.
    I hope to lose a shoe size!!! I was a size 10 and after having my son and gaining a bunch of weight I am closer to a 12 wide, it SUCKS!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    I went down a shoe size, too! And if it hasn't happened yet, your rings and even bracelets will become too big.
    Actually my ring size is still the same...strange right?? it was tight when I was 110 pounds heavier and I couldn't take off my wedding band...now it's fine. I hope I don't have to get those resized because for our 10th wedding anniversary, my husband gave me an "eternity ring" those channel setting thing, it cost a small fortune to get it resized...bracelet...even at my smallest (size 6/10) before my first pregnancy I was never into bracelets because my wrist was already 9 inches (big bones for real!) and there's not many choices in that size..
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa2
    Last year's high boots don't fit because my calves are no longer plus sized. Have shoes from before leg started swelling that are 81/2 and am hoping they fit.
    I always had huge calves and was never able to find high boots that do fit me. Even when I was a "small" size! Now, after losing that much I thought that the wide calf boots would fit...nope...actually one pair was ok yesterday, but still in the sardine way...I hope may be in a few months??
    I wish I could give you all my 8 1/2 that are too big!! many are new! and I can't give away things here because women don't wear those big sizes (even in shoes..can't find anything bigger than 8 here)..my container during the move next Spring is going to be full of boxes with shoes and clothing that I will have to give away when we arrive...how weird!
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa2
    I too, am a shoeaholic. Bought new wardrobe, found old winter coat but don't want to replace shoes too.
    We are sleeve buddies! same dates and same boat for shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by saramichelle
    I hope to lose a shoe size!!! I was a size 10 and after having my son and gaining a bunch of weight I am closer to a 12 wide, it SUCKS!!!!
    I'm pretty sure you will lose one or two sizes. Before being obese I was a small 7 (M) and at my biggest 8 1/2 (W). Right now I'm 7 1/2, pretty sure I can wear 7 next month, but also it's not wide anymore! M is fine!
    My feet got smaller. That first winter (only months since surgery) I bought expensive wide-calf boots. By the next winter I had to give them away, my feet and calves both got smaller. Regular boots for me now.