Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kk2013

Hair loss

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone, well today was the day I broke down and cried. My hair is falling off like crazy, I didn't think it would happen this quick. I had my surgery September 7th. And my hairs falling off, I am doing a multivitamin patch because I'm still struggling with my vitamin pills. When did you all start loosing hair from your surgery date? How did you cope with it? Alright everyone have a good day.

Submit "Hair loss" to Digg Submit "Hair loss" to del.icio.us Submit "Hair loss" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hair loss" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I take Biotin Sublingual everyday. It costs a little more, but it doesn't have a taste to it. I got it at CVS. 5000 mcg. It helps with the hair. I used to take the Bariatric Advantage vitamins but they make me want to hurl so I switched to Gummies under my Dr's supervision and all of my labs have been coming out really good. I had a lot of issues in the beginning so I'm happy to say that this is what is working for me so far.
    I hope the vitamins help. I was nervous about that but so far it has not happened. I had my surgery 10/21/16.
    [QUOTE=elle77;bt195950]I take Biotin Sublingual everyday. It costs a little more, but it doesn't have a taste to it. I got it at CVS. 5000 mcg. It helps with the hair. I used to take the Bariatric Advantage vitamins but they make me want to hurl so I switched to Gummies under my Dr's supervision and all of my labs have been coming out really good. I had a lot of issues in the beginning so I'm happy to say that this is what is working for me so far.[/QUOT

The patches are what the doctor told me I can use and the b12 sublingual. So idk if that's enough
    I was taking biotin before the surgery, and had a big loss at day 3 (anticoagulant side effect) then from month 3 to 6 it was falling like crazy. I always have issues with hair loss if i'm on a diet, take a new medication...it's for everything..I'm guessing here that my iron level was the main issue. I stopped the biotin because besides helping me grow four hair on my chin I don't think it was doing much. Have your iron level checked, because even while taking my supplements I still managed to get a big deficiency....but anemia has always been an issue...so I had to take huge amount per day for a few weeks, my hair situation got better. Also at the same time I was able to eat/drink more protein...Right now it seems my hair is growing back a little...I'm at ten month today.
    Sleep on a satin pillowcase
    Yep Biotin and Pre-Natal vitamins - I lost very very little.
    I found a biotin shampoo at target. I'm using an argan oil shampoo and biotin conditioner.
    I lost clumps but guess what , it all grew back, so don't worry yours will too. Just change your style to accommodate the loss, just make sure for the first 8 months you get all the protein and water in, you'll be fine.
    I did not take a single thing besides my regular vitamins and get all my protein and I never lost a single strand. That's because nothing you can do to stop the hairloss. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. It's called telogen effluvium and is a normal response some people have to the stress of surgery, weight loss, chronic illness, certain medications, infections, even child birth. Has to do with our hair growth cycle, not nutrition. All the biotin in the world won't stop it. The biotin, good nutrition, including protein and rogain-type products can help with regrowth, however.

In the meantime, wear hats, get a new haircut, or don't do anything. It's temporary and your hair will grow back.
    Mine started falling out about 2 months after surgery. I freaked out!!! It was a lot. I started taking Biotin 5000 and Zinc. It only took two weeks for my hair to stop falling out. I have never been so relieved. I got it at Walmart and it wasn't expensive at all.