Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

elle77

Having Problems, Please Help 😕

Rate this Entry
I can hardly get anything down. I've read several stories about people not having issues and for me it's the complete opposite. The Isopure tastes disgusting to me. I only managed 1/2 a bottle yesterday and actual water was about 1/2 500ml bottle. I did manage some jello, a popsicle, and miso broth. A popsicle has 1.35 oz and after eating it over a period of time I get so full I feel sick.

Did anyone have to take Prilosec? I'm counting down the days until I can have a premier protein shake or regular protein.

Please give me any suggestions that will help. Thank you❤️

Submit "Having Problems, Please Help 😕" to Digg Submit "Having Problems, Please Help 😕" to del.icio.us Submit "Having Problems, Please Help 😕" to StumbleUpon Submit "Having Problems, Please Help 😕" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I could have premier protein shakes starting the day after surgery. Maybe call your surgeon and ask. I was on liquids for 2 weeks, but that included any protein shakes I wanted.
    Really? If that's true I'll be in heaven! Thank you @sraebaer! ❤️
    The first week my surgeon told me I could have thinned protein shakes but I couldn't get them down. I hated the broth and lived off popsicles and hot tea with fiber supplements that first week. After that it was premier protein shakes and then re fried beans at my soft food stage. Still have a hard time with eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by barbaradear1
    The first week my surgeon told me I could have thinned protein shakes but I couldn't get them down. I hated the broth and lived off popsicles and hot tea with fiber supplements that first week. After that it was premier protein shakes and then re fried beans at my soft food stage. Still have a hard time with eggs.
    Which Fiber supplements?
    Was it any protein drink or just the Isopure? I'm going to try and freeze them like popsicle sticks today and see if that helps.
    I'm sorry you're having a tough time!!

My instructions were similar to sraebaer. I had clear liquids for the first 2 days and, then, full liquids (protein shakes, yogurt, jello, strained cream soup, etc) for 2.5 weeks.

Call your doc. Maybe, you'll be able to advance.
    Oh, and I have to take Pepcid twice a day for 30 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Srhultberg
    I'm sorry you're having a tough time!!

My instructions were similar to sraebaer. I had clear liquids for the first 2 days and, then, full liquids (protein shakes, yogurt, jello, strained cream soup, etc) for 2.5 weeks.

Call your doc. Maybe, you'll be able to advance.
    I started the Prilosec because everything going down was killing me. That has helped a tiny bit. I'm trying my hardest with the Isopure but the taste makes me want to hack it up. 😕 I'm going really slow, it's all I can do. I really appreciate everyone's input. I was feeling really weak this morning.
    I'm almost 6 months out and still have bottles of Isopure In the frig that I bought pre-op. Nasty.
    Instead of the Isopure to try to get your protein in, just try getting your fluids in. That's the best advice I got and it came from Pam. I drank Crystal Light (individual packets) instead of plain water at first. I only added half a packet to my glass of water and I could only drink it at room temperature at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    I'm almost 6 months out and still have bottles of Isopure In the frig that I bought pre-op. Nasty.
    I'm definitely returning the 5 unopened bottles tomorrow!!
    Super gross 😑
    Quote Originally Posted by Srhultberg
    Instead of the Isopure to try to get your protein in, just try getting your fluids in. That's the best advice I got and it came from Pam. I drank Crystal Light (individual packets) instead of plain water at first. I only added half a packet to my glass of water and I could only drink it at room temperature at first.
    Definitely focusing on the water now.
    I'm going to start adding in the flavor packets now.
    😊
    I did like Isopure, but the only way I could tolerate it was orange flavor with lots of that crunchy ice. I admit the many of the flavors are a little strange!! But I still liked it better than the shakes, that creamy texture wasn't my cup of tea. My advice is to buy one of the different shakes and see what you like (before buying a case!)

My doctor did have me on acid reflux meds for the first month. I didn't need them after than.
    The oñly thing nastier than isopure is the colonoscopy prep I had to drink 2 months postop. Both made me gag. Could you drink Syntrax nectar? It is also 100% whey protein and comes in "almost" clear flavors like cherry, lemonade, grape, iced tea, orange, etc. MUCH better tasting than isopure. In the meantime, really work on fluids. I did dilute fruit juice, pedialyte, sports drinks, and warm stuff like decaf herbal tea and broths went down best. Unjury chicken broth would give you protein as well as fluids.
    Oh yeah! I remember when I discovered hot tea with honey or agave....mmmmm. That's when I started getting the fluid intake up. I didn't like the shakes for about three months, then suddenly, I liked them again. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    Oh yeah! I remember when I discovered hot tea with honey or agave....mmmmm. That's when I started getting the fluid intake up. I didn't like the shakes for about three months, then suddenly, I liked them again. Weird.

I was the same way. I LOVE the hot tea and honey. I also didn't like the shakes but now I am even using the powdered protein which I have never liked. So it does start to fall into place as you heal for sure.
    The Premier is working for me. Still only getting in a little, about 2 ounces or less. I get extreme heartburn from anything. I keep taking the meds for that and still it burns so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by barbaradear1
    I was the same way. I LOVE the hot tea and honey. I also didn't like the shakes but now I am even using the powdered protein which I have never liked. So it does start to fall into place as you heal for sure.

Thank you girls! I'm definitely going to give the tea and honey a try! 😊
    do the sugar free drink packages
    Wow..if anything this message thread is an example of doing the same thing ...differently. LOLOL. I was on clear liquids for 2 weeks. NO protein shakes. However, i have never been able to consume splenda or equal more than a cup of tea or two in a day...so drinking those calorie free beverages was horrible. The nausea was miserable. Even plain water had a nasty taste.
    When I moved up to the pureed phase, THEN i could do protein shakes. However, i had the nausea problem again as many of them are sweetened. I found Unjury unflavored and Genpro unflavored that I added to my hot tea. I use cream and sweet&low in my tea. Those products also mix well into bullion which I like. Pensey has some great soup bases.

Have you been tested for H. Pylori prior to surgery? it is a nasty little bacteria that a lot of folks have residing in their stomachs. It is the one of causes for peptic ulcers. If you did not get tested it might be a good idea as one of the symptoms is heartburn. Ask your Doctor.

Hang in there. We all heal differently. I had extremely little pain but a lot of nausea. My husband (we had VSG on the same day) had a lot of pain and very little nausea. It gets better!
    The nausea will get better in time 3.5 months ago since my surgery, I get nauseous with very few things, eggs is one spicy foods another, just hang in there. Tums help