Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

rushandtilley

Drinking

Rate this Entry
I was wondering about drinking alcohol... How long does it take for you to get back to drinking? Are you limited as to what you can drink?

Submit "Drinking" to Digg Submit "Drinking" to del.icio.us Submit "Drinking" to StumbleUpon Submit "Drinking" to Google

Tags: almanza, mexico Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am 7+ months out and had my first alcohol, wine, at 8 weeks post op. (Was on a three week trip to Italy and I was going to drink the wine!!) I routinely have a glass or two of wine one to two times a week and have had no problems whatsoever. Two is my personal limit and I drink slower than pre surgery.
    I used to drinks LOADS before my surgery due to stress, maybe 2 bottles a night ! Now I find drinking not so nice. I only drink when I am actually going out ( never at home ) and once / twice a week. I also cant keep up with rounds now as I drink so slowly lol - Ive never actually had alcohol cause me any issues with my sleeve ( 1st drink about 2 months after ) xx
    today would make a great day to quit
    I stopped drinking 2 months pre-op and then didn't have a drink (wine) until nearly 6 months post-op.

These days (2 years, 3 months post-op) I drink 3-4 nights a week (1 glass of wine) and that seems to be working for me.

If you can avoid drinking for the first 6-8-10-12 months post-op, I think you'll be doing yourself a great big favor. Just a gentle word to the wise.
    I stopped drinking 1 wk before surgery and had my first sip about 6-8 wks after. It took me a very long time to be able to drink 4 oz of wine. Now, 2 servings of beer or wine (I'm 2.5 yrs post op btw) is enough to make me drunk. You may personally find your response to alcohol had changed post op, so don't do too much too fast... Or before your doctor recommends as a matter of fact. If you have an alcohol problem, I definitely recommend you address before you get the procedure done. Best wishes!