Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Katrina

Ugh! Just ugh!

Rate this Entry
I talked to my mother last night, yep, that evil lady from my last blog post. We didn't discuss anything from last week. She wanted to know who my surgeon was because she forgot his name, oh and to let me know that my dad is having this surgery next week - one week from today. Oh my God!!! My dad is probably going to die. Not even kidding.

Some of you may remember how sick I was when I had my surgery two years ago. I had constant vomiting for the first year, multiple hospital stays, sepsis, icu, etc. I survived. I got better. Then my daughter had her surgery one year ago. She was worse than me. Hers also started with the constant vomiting. Hers progressed to blindness, strokes, seizures, all over brain bleeding, life support, feeding tube, two months in ICU, etc. She is now permanently disabled from the brain damage.

My daughter and I get our bad guts from my FATHER! He's almost died (literally) multiple times from gut issues. He is a major puker. He has had foot after foot after foot of his intestines removed due to diverticulitis. He's had a colostomy. He does not do well with stomach stuff. He is in very poor health. His heart is bad. His kidneys are bad. Everything is bad. Good lord, this scares this shit out of me. I feel like this is such a dumb decision to make after watching firsthand what his daughter and granddaughter have gone through. It may not happen to him, but it very well may.

It took just over a month and a half after surgery for my daughter and I to each get sick. I hope that I'm not back here in a month or two or even sooner saying that I've lost my dad.

Submit "Ugh! Just ugh!" to Digg Submit "Ugh! Just ugh!" to del.icio.us Submit "Ugh! Just ugh!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ugh! Just ugh!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Prayers for your dad. That's about all you can do. I doubt you'll be able to change his mind.
    I can't imagine any surgeon doing the sleeve on someone with that history, not to mention how it worked with his daughter and granddaughter. There's obviously something going on with your family. Is he going to Mexico?

So sorry this is happening to you.
    My heart goes out to you...

Sending All Good Thoughts and Prayers!