Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Aydensmomma

Will I ever get used to the cold?!

Rate this Entry
When I was 255 pounds I was good in a hoodie on a freezing day in January.
I would sweat like crazy at any temp over 65.
Forget hot and humid days, I was soaked and dreaded leaving the air conditioning. I kept the a/c at 64 (it wouldn't go lower) all summer long.
This past summer I turned on the a/c maybe 4 times, each time for a day or two
Saved on my electric bill :-)
I love the fall. It just might be my favorite season. Now that I have lost all the weight I feel excited to get dressed. Wear jeans with a cute sweater. I love shopping now too.....but next time I go shopping I will be stocking up on themal leggins and tops to wear under my clothes
I can't get warm. As I write this I'm sitting on my deck, 57° and windy. I'm wearing sweatpants, a tank top with a zip up sweatshirt and MY WINTER COAT!
Last winter I wore 2 puffy winter coats, I look like a burnt marshmallow. I always wore thermal leggins under my pants. I was hoping this year would be better, that my body would adjust but noooooo.
I have no insulation. I think that being cold is better then sweating all the time, maybe this year I'll wear a blanket over my 2 coats
Draft Blog Entries
Selecting the title of a previously saved draft

Submit "Will I ever get used to the cold?!" to Digg Submit "Will I ever get used to the cold?!" to del.icio.us Submit "Will I ever get used to the cold?!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Will I ever get used to the cold?!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

When I was a teen I found a cool, down feather parka at a second hand store. I loved it! But I only got to wear it a few times that we'd go up to Big Bear and Arrowhead mountains, and on the several occasions temp got below 45* in Los Angeles.

I haven't lost all my weight and I know exactly what you mean. Before moving back to CA I would have A/C blasting at 68* day and night in Austin, our electric bill was pretty high. I have been back to Austin about six weeks now temp is still up in the 90's some days over a 100*, I think this week may start going below 90*. My point is that my A/C has not gone below 78* these past six weeks, and that's me weighing 190lbs. Yikes! I wish I had that parka about now.
    Polypro is the way to go. Not thermal underwear.
    It's a first layer and then you add more.
    I am in Alaska I know what you mean.. I was cold before surgery and its getting worse'.
    This summer I slept with a fan on my head and electric blanket on my feet....they are freezing.along with my hands
    Who cares, you're thin and beautiful. Down vests and leggings are very fashionable!
    you look amazing
    Shirl....I want your weather to come to CT
    It's been chilly and cloudy and windy all week.....supposed to be rainy too.
    And I'll be looking for polypro, never heard of it...Google time.
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    you look amazing
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Who cares, you're thin and beautiful. Down vests and leggings are very fashionable!
    And some knee high boots......I love to buy things now, used to be strictly sweats and jeans
    I understand the always cold feeling. It's a small price to pay for being thinner. While it won't help when you're out and about, a heated mattress pad is great. I think I use it about 10 months a year.
    lol.. I have always been the warm blooded one.. now, im freezing my butt off!!
    I haven't reached this stage yet, although, at support group many who are same month or same poundage range as me..have. Does everyone get this cold chill? Hoping maybe I'll get a pass.
    Well layering is fashionable so rock on!
    I am always COLD. I am a year out and it hasn't gotten any better for me.