Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

High Protein shake from dense nutrients

Rate this Entry
I'm traveling for the next few days and this is what I brought with me for on the go meal replacement for at least my morning meal.

• 1/4 cup of oat müesli here is the recipe:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8622.PNG 
Views:	382 
Size:	507.8 KB 
ID:	26197

• 1 cup MuscleEgg plain egg-white protein OR Organic egg-whites (Eggology sells ‘Pure, fresh, organic, cage free, tested for salmonella & listeria’ egg-whites)

• 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries, or a 1/2 med banana (today I'm using banana)

peanut protein powder for a banana/peanut butter flavor

• 1 cup kale, chard and spinach blend

• a drop or two of Stevia

• ice cubes and two cups water

Submit "High Protein shake from dense nutrients" to Digg Submit "High Protein shake from dense nutrients" to del.icio.us Submit "High Protein shake from dense nutrients" to StumbleUpon Submit "High Protein shake from dense nutrients" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Using my portable nutribullet, I grind müesli first for a few seconds, it doesn't pulverize like a Vitamix but fox seeds should be broken up for best omega3 absorption.

Next, add ice, water, berries (or banana and peanut protein powder), and greens (and stevia) - blend for a 10 seconds until well blended.

Next add, cup of MuscleEgg and blend a few seconds only.
    How many calories abd carbs are in this shake?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    How many calories abd carbs are in this shake?
    For me this makes two servings, as I only can drink half at one sitting. I can have early in the am and then the other half later in the afternoon for a snack.

Here are the meal replacement nutrients for banana/PB/power greens:

1/2 serving (about 16oz or 2 cups, I'm sure without ice or water it would be thicker, which I haven't tried, ice/cold water just aids blending)
    Calories 223
    Fat: 4.5g
    Carbs: 22g (Fiber 5.4, net carbs: 16.6g)
    Protein: 20.7g
    I have to say I'm a little bit jealous that you can have carbs and still lose weight. If I eat oatmeal or my favorite, cream of wheat, I stall and my sugar skyrockets. I am currently getting about 400-500 cals per day and my menu consists of a shake or eggs for breakfast, a shake or salad for lunch and veggies at dinner. So far this has been the only way I've found to keep my sugar between 80-120.
    thank you for the recipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    For me this makes two servings, as I only can drink half at one sitting. I can have early in the am and then the other half later in the afternoon for a snack.

Here are the meal replacement nutrients for banana/PB/power greens:

1/2 serving (about 16oz or 2 cups, I'm sure without ice or water it would be thicker, which I haven't tried, ice/cold water just aids blending)
    Calories 223
    Fat: 4.5g
    Carbs: 22g (Fiber 5.4, net carbs: 16.6g)
    Protein: 20.7g
    What about the seeds? They must add some calories. You put the muesli I.nto the shake, right?

So you're drinking 446+ calories and 44+carbs a day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    What about the seeds? They must add some calories. You put the muesli I.nto the shake, right?

So you're drinking 446+ calories and 44+carbs a day?
    Yes, if I drink both servings the same day, but I do save for next morning.

I don't do this every day. I eat or drink my müesli 3x a week.