Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Aydensmomma

Almost 2 years out and doing great!

Rate this Entry
Wow. It has been a long time since I posted. Summer kept me busy! Vacation at the beach, amusement park rides etc. All things that I would have avoided in the past.
For those of you who don't know me...... my name is Teri. I am 32 years old and was sleeved 12/30/2014. I was 255lbs. 5'7"
"Morbidly Obese"
I hate that word. Obese.
I have struggled with my weight all my life, I lost and gained, lost, had a baby, gained. Lost, had another baby, gained. But this time I couldn't loose that "baby" weight. I was diagnosed with PCOS
But otherwise medically I had nothing wrong.
Yet.
Had I continued on the path I was on I most definitely would have aquired health problems.
The sleeve really changed my life. I lost 100lbs in 7 months, bringing me to 155. I went on to loose 25 more pounds by my 1 year 'surgiversary." I started loosing my hair at 4 months post op, and I finally stopped loosing my hair around 12 months post.
I went from a pant size 18/20 to a size 2.
Tops were xl and up, now xs/S
It wasn't easy. I had my ups and downs, but I don't regret my decision, in fact, I wish I made this decision earlier.
I have been maintaining my weight of 130lbs for almost a year now. I still don't drink with my meals (unless I have something spicy and need a sip to put the fire in my mouth out) I still struggle with getting 64oz of water in. I occasionally get heartburn, my bathroom schedule is regular (took a long time for that to happen)

Skin issues.....you'd think after loosing 125lbs in just under a year I'd have a lot of skin hanging around. Truth be told, it's not that bad. Yeah, I have the "bat wings" and my stomach has a lot of loose skin and the tops of my thighs are wrinkled ....it's better then being 255lbs worrying that I won't fit in an amusement park ride.
Last week we had our town fair, my son wanted me to go on this kiddie roller coaster. It was little, but I had no problem fitting in the seat. On another ride it was me and my two kids on a bench that typically seats 2.
I have so much energy. I did a lot of landscaping work in my yard. I remember hating the walk up the driveway to the bus stop with my daughter. It's not even a big hill or a lonh driveway but I actually had to stop to catch my breath. Now I walk my son up every morning and I don't feel the slightest bit out of breath. This is turning into a really long post.....sorry!

To sum it up, best decision ever. I feel great!
Ino am able to eat more then I could a year ago but I still have restriction. I can eat more chicken then steak. I can drink a good amount in one shot and not feel sick. If I don't chew enough or if I eat too fast I feel sick. If you have any questions for me please message me and I would be more then happy to help have a great day!!

Submit "Almost 2 years out and doing great!" to Digg Submit "Almost 2 years out and doing great!" to del.icio.us Submit "Almost 2 years out and doing great!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Almost 2 years out and doing great!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You look amazing keep up the good work
    You are truly an inspiration to me.
    Thank you so much for posting an update. You look absolutely beautiful!
    5'7", 130 pounds and a size 2. You are SKINNY! Way to go! I never made it to skinny, just regular BMI.
    Great story! Congrats!
    You lost really fast. What was your diet like during the first 7 months?
    awesome! thanks for sharing, very encouraging!!
    Teri, you're the poster child for WLS. Lost it. Keeping it off. Loving your life. Bless you! Keep lovin' your lovely life.
    Outstanding job Teri. You earned all those NSVs with the kiddies.
    Teri, So great to hear from you and getting an update! You were one of my first friends on this site, so you have been tremendously missed!!! I'm four months post op, weight is coming off slow but steady.

Sending you the best of continued wishes!

✨Hugs!✨
    Great post. Thank you. My paperwork is being submitted to insurance I was told today.
    yeah thanks for the inspiration!!
    Hi Teri!! so happy to see you're back and doing good!! you were missed!! thanks for the long post! I know what you mean with the roller coaster and the driveway. For me it's the seat in planes and walking to the organic store! Now I don't need a belt extension in a plane (first time in 20 years!!) and I'm flying often, it's been a real pain, plus I was always like a sardine in my seat, even in premium economy, I couldn't afford business often...now I'm fine even in eco(not premium!) and don't have bruises on my legs after a flight....organic store, last Summer walking to the organic store was a huge issue, it's not really far (like 2kms round trip) but with the heat it was bad, I had to rest after my grocery shopping!!. This year....it seems fine!! even when it's burning hot outside! What a difference...and I'm still not at goal yet....hopefully more good to come :-)
    Thank you for your encouraging post...you look awesome!!
    Hi Teri!!!
    You look amazing! I hope you're having fun with your landscaping.
    I feel so encouraged when I'm able to accomplish something I wasn't able to pre-VSG.
    It's great to hear from you. I miss your posts and PM's.
    Thanks for your inspiring post. You're rocking your sleeve!

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    5'7", 130 pounds and a size 2. You are SKINNY! Way to go! I never made it to skinny, just regular BMI.
    A regular BMI is great!! It's nice to type in the numbers and not have "morbidly obese" come up.
    You look fantastic!!!! Thanks for posting!!