Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dawnislas

1st Day back to work on Post-op Day 6

Rate this Entry
arrived at work @ 7>40 this morning and left at 5:00. It was a good day. I don't have a hard job as I sit most of the day. I did take 2 walks upstairs and made it slow but no problems. Yea me.
I will get my protein in but not sure about all my water. Really have to work on that. My food (liquid) intake is pretty good. I made a soup last night of canned vegetable and chicken broth and today I liquefied it in the blender. Added more chicken stock and some high protein cream of chicken soup and I am eating. Hope it stays down. My tummy is making some noise.
I have to be at work at 6:00 a.m. for a short trip and a campus tour. Hope I can make it.

All in all a good day. Grateful to have this much success this early in.

Submit "1st Day back to work on Post-op Day 6" to Digg Submit "1st Day back to work on Post-op Day 6" to del.icio.us Submit "1st Day back to work on Post-op Day 6" to StumbleUpon Submit "1st Day back to work on Post-op Day 6" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats and completely understand about the liquids to get in. I'm 3 weeks post op and still have trouble. Work in progress although it is true, you will get dehydrated and end up back in with an IV. Be careful and best of luck to ya!
    Just be careful and rest, rest, rest when you can, the first 6-8 weeks are the most fatiguing, make sure you stay hydrated, and the protein will help you heal. There were days when I was great but man, there were days when I could barely move by the end of the day too. Be super good to yourself.
    Congrats. I have faith in you.
    FYI, frozen veggies have more nutrition than canned and zero sodium. You can also find sodium free and far free broth, but it's usually in a carton, not a can.
    Take it easy. Make your goal meeting your protein and liquid requirements, that's what's important. And after work, go to bed!