Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lundbergmn

19 years and counting

Rate this Entry
so my husband & I just had our 19th wedding anniversary on Tuesday. There's alot going on w/ my family medically lately & our day didn't go like we had hoped for. My sister has been having alot of gallbladder attacks & had a scope done & she needs to have it removed. My mom who is 70 had the three of us kids down to her house to conference call w/ her heart dr. She's having a catherization this tuesday to see how many arteries are blocked. So we all knew about this but the dr informed us that my mom needs to have open heart sSkip forward to our anniversary & my husband presents me w/ a card(he doesn't do cards) & he even wrote a beautiful sentiment in it & a small jewelry box which he has me open in front of everyone we work w/ because he was anticipating a huge reaction from me. So I open the card & tear up & he's beaming, I open the box that says Leo diamond & it is a pair of white gold flawless 3/4k studs. I had no reaction. He got pissed!!! We didnt speak to each other for 2 days so it was very uncomfortable to say the least. My gift to him was a funny card & his favorite snacks like jerky,pistachios & sf wafer cookies & most likely new porch furniture when he decides what he wants. The reason he bought me the earrings were to replace the much smaller ones he bought me when we first got married & he accidentally broke after I had the baby. He said they were flawless diamonds for a once in a lifetime love. I just saw it as him buying me more expensive jewelry when I'd much rather us go somewhere together to spend time together. His family's way of showing love & affection is to spend $$ my family is the exact opposite-we hug,kiss, say I love you everytime we hang up the phone etc. So we were at opposite ends for a few days but then we sat & talked & I saw that he actually put alot of thought into the gift. So we had planned to go out to dinner today & my mom was going to watch the boys but the baby got sick thursday night & I had to call off work Friday & take him to the dr. He has a fever & upper respiratory infection so I didnt want to risk him getting my mom sick. Then this morning my mom calls to tell me that a long time friend of the family had passed away. So I'm under alot of emotional stress lately & could really appreciate prayers for myself & my family. Thanks & love to you all!!!

Submit "19 years and counting" to Digg Submit "19 years and counting" to del.icio.us Submit "19 years and counting" to StumbleUpon Submit "19 years and counting" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wish I had the words to comfort you 😔 May you stay present and strong through this unsettling moments, and focus on the positive. Nineteen years of marriage despite ups and downs, laughs and tears, good and awkward moments, happy and angry outbursts, health and sickness, is no small deal.

Wishing your family a speedy recovery from health issues, and may they find peace and comfort in their own strengths and abilities.

May you breath in Love, and release all your worries. Breath in Hope, release out all fears. Breath in Faith, release out doubt.

Sending you immense Love, Peace and Light. 💕✨💐✨