Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kathleenita

Being cold

Rate this Entry
Is it normal to feel cold all the time post-op? I am just over a week out and I don't have a fever but I am constantly cold! Anyone else experience this? Does it go away?

Submit "Being cold" to Digg Submit "Being cold" to del.icio.us Submit "Being cold" to StumbleUpon Submit "Being cold" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yep, Ive been cold since my surgery in January and its the kind of cold that gets down into the bones and takes a lot to warm up. Hot showers/baths, heating pads and layers have been my life since being sleeved.....
    I even asked my Physician's Assistant when I went for my 3 month post op visit. All my blood work came back good, so we laughed and decided that my body had gotten so used to having additional insulation that with my weight loss, I no longer have the extra insulation and that's why I'm cold! I've never been cold natured, man it stinks! But, I'll take being cold over being 286 pounds!!
    Yep. During the time you're losing rapidly it may be worse as you're having hormonal adjustments as you release all that fat tissue. After that, it's just a matter of less padding. Good news is that in the summer months where I used to be completely intolerant of the heat, I can now deal like a normal person. I'm not a puddle after 5 minutes outside!
    Very normal
    I had my surgery in January of this year. I get cold all the time. The RN in the clinic said it was normal.
    I'm usually cold most of the day since my surgery almost a year ago. My office is freezing so I wear long sleeves, have a sweater and blanket at my desk. Yes, it's a part of losing all that fat.
    I'm having issues with being cold since surgery also. I had to research it to make sure it's normal. Good to know that this is normal.
    Im 3.5 years out and I am constantly cold! I hate being cold as much as i used to hate being HOT all the time when i was big. But now I am learning that tights are my best fried as well as wearing socks all the time and trying to remember when i cant get myself warm i need to soak in a hot bathtub so that my body regulates its self. if you have the ability maybe try getting an electric blanket for when you are sitting to keep you warm. I have two in my house, i have to sleep with one on my feet all the time now because if i dont my feet and legs feel like ice from the inside out. I think its because we are so used to the fat keeping us warm and as it begins to go away our bodies dont knwo what to do. Best of luck to you with this like i said I am 3.5 YEARS out and never can get warm even on 90 degree days.
    Yes, I think I've bought 10 new sweaters since the weight loss...a lady has to match while staying warm.
    I was cold on Sunday, but the girl sitting next to me wasn't. And she's smaller and younger. Can't figure it out.
    Before surgery was almost always hot. Since surgery I'm usually cold but I'm not complaining, I don't miss the sweating.
    The sense of cold was one of the things they told me about during my orientation. I have become to embrace it. Previous I was always hot.
    I am almost 20 months post op, and I am always cold unless I am working out.
    Even at the gym I wear long sleeve thin running shirts. I bought my first electric blanket ever in my life 3 months post op and still use it.
    I embrace it as well. It is so much easier putting more clothes on, than being too hot all the time.
    I am never cold, but I do get small flashes. my hormones are definitely crazy, have be diagnosed with a polyp since surgery.