Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Poji

My first year - CHECK :)

Rate this Entry
I had my 1 year post-op check-up the other day...I have lost 98% of my excess weight. All of my labs are exceptional...My dear Dr, Boone told me I'd made this (check-up) easy for him

Now the hard part...Continued compliance, accountability, support, and healthy weight management/maintenance.

Moving forward after your first year, did any of you feel a little uneasy at this same point? I am :/ Advice welcome!

Submit "My first year - CHECK  :)" to Digg Submit "My first year - CHECK  :)" to del.icio.us Submit "My first year - CHECK  :)" to StumbleUpon Submit "My first year - CHECK  :)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

CONGRATS!
    Congratulations! I am in the same boat as you--my one year anniversary is in 3 days!
    That's amazing ! Congrats on that 98%!
    Just had my one year surgiversary. Got bloodwork done this week and everything looked great (actually my calcium and folate were a little high, which is OK since they can potentially be deficient postVSG). I lost over 100% of my excess weight and have been maintaining within a 4 pound bounce range, well below goal for about 5 months. Like you, I'm always concerned about long term, but so far I've found maintenance quite easy. I make sure I get my 60-80g protein, at least 64oz water, take my vitamins and eat a healthy, balanced diet including veggies, fruit and whole grains. As for accountability, everyone knows about my surgery and I'm not about to be the failed WLS story. Besides, I cant afford another new wardrobe!
    I agree - I hit my goal today and I have to continue to stay the course. I felt this way at New Years..for the first time in 41 years weight loss was not a resolution.

Keep up the great work - what a wonderful life we have - ENJOY
    I was a year in October and have found maintenance easy. (I'm weird, I thought losing 76 pounds was easy too.) For the past 6 months I am never more than 2 pounds up or down from my goal weight. When I say too easy, I do feel like I am sometimes eating things I shouldn't without any weight gain. My biggest fear is regaining the weight, so I do still weigh myself daily.
    I haven't been on the site in a while - big mistake. All of your post were so encouraging. I had surgery Aug 2013 and I got stuck at around 157 (lowest) to 163 for the longest. I admit, I wasn't doing anything to lose - it was like I was playing with fire. Well, the fire has caught up with me. I just got back from a 7 day cruise and I gained 7 pounds. I am so depressed. What should I do? I'm so lost. I got divorced, completed nursing school in 1 year and I moved away from my surgeon. I'm scared - 213 is not that far away from 170.