Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Journey Tobeme

Some of the foods I eat

Rate this Entry
Today for lunch I am eating a modified version of this. I say modified because I do not use agave and I cut down the sweetners a bit.

For dinner last night I made this again I modified for me. I don't eat cheese unless it is vegan (made from nut milks) but I completely left it off last night.

This is dinner tonight. The noodles are made from zucchini. You can also make them from carrots or squash. I am making this soup to go with it. The leftovers will become meals for later.

For breakfast I typically have a smoothie like this or one made with cucumbers, spinach, hemp seeds, almond milk and a fruit/berries. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deep Green Berry.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	294.1 KB 
ID:	21607

My other fave is berry oatmeal or a cereal I can keep made and just add wet ingredients as I use it. I will post the recipe below if I can find it

For snacks I typically have coconut milk yogurt, or banana with nut butter and hemp seeds or what I call energy balls

Notes: I make my own veggie broth. I add Plant Fusion protein powder or ground hemp seeds for extra protein if I feel I need it in any dish. I always add hemp and chia seeds to my smoothies. I cook my own beans never used any commercially canned foods. I do however can my food I grow for use in the winter.
I use almond, coconut or hemp milk. I make my own Greek Yogurt from the milks I make that I just listed. If I find a recipe I like I modify it to fit me.

Cereal: Raw Superfood Cereal
Ingredients:
• 2 TBSP chia seeds
• 2 TBSP hemp seeds
• 1/2 cup quinoa flakes (or quick oats)
• 1/4 cup raisins or cranberries
• 1 apple, chopped
• 1/2-1 banana, chopped
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1.5 cups non-dairy milk
• chopped walnuts and goji berries for
garnish (optional)
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a
bowl and toss to combine. Pour milk
over cereal and let soak for 15 minutes-
12 hours.
We make ours in a mason jar sometimes I let the milk and all sit in it all night sometimes I add wet ingredients in the morning so it is crunchy.

I also juice fresh veggies and fruits. I can always add unflavored protein powder if needed.

I am always open to any questions and suggestions. Well except the one that people tend to give "EAT MEAT" ummm no thank you. Anything else please feel free to comment. Serving sizes are set by the recipe maker and doesn't reflect what I consider a serving size.

Submit "Some of the foods I eat" to Digg Submit "Some of the foods I eat" to del.icio.us Submit "Some of the foods I eat" to StumbleUpon Submit "Some of the foods I eat" to Google

Tags: diet, food, pre-op, road, vegan Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Here is one of my puddings I make. I don't make the whip cream.

Here is another. I have found I can do without the sweeteners is I use a protein powder instead like vanilla bean. Cuts the calories and packs a protein punch
    I'm going to subscribe to this post and check often. Thanks!
    We are def on the same page! I eat a high plant based diet now...it just happened over time since my surgery.
    Here is a great free cookbook. Sign up for the email to get it. It's free and he doesn't spam you to death. Awesome recipes...

One Ingredient Chef | Simple Healthy Recipes by Andrew Olson
    Thank you, Journey. I'm getting a new education.
    Interesting for sure, and I am not a naysayer by any means. I was looking up this way of eating though, and I can't have a cup of this or a cup of that. I am at 1/2 cup max at 7 months out. I can't see me getting all the protein I need this way.
    MBL just 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds have 22 grams of protein. That is the same as 4 ounces of meat if I am not mistaken.

You are welcome Ann. The world of plant based eating is so delicious.

Kacie thank you so much. I love finding new sources.

Lee I will post more later
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey Tobeme
    MBL just 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds have 22 grams of protein. That is the same as 4 ounces of meat if I am not mistaken.

You are welcome Ann. The world of plant based eating is so delicious.

Kacie thank you so much. I love finding new sources.

Lee I will post more later
    Yes, I saw that about the hemp, but that was the only one I saw that had that type of stats. I could not just eat hemp seeds all the time
    Journey, thank you for turning the tide on this forum. Health food! I love it! That red pepper, sweet potato and quinoa dish looks and sounds delicious. Keep inspiring us.
    MBL it was just the one I featured. I will happily share more in the group I am about to create. But there are lots of veggie proteins like that. But hemp seeds are considered a super food. So they won't all pack that kind of punch
    Lee you are welcome. I am so excited to share and learn form others.