Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

donna1743

Very Pissed

Rate this Entry
I have been following this diet to the letter., and when I weight my self I weight 180, when I weight Friday one day later I weight 179. I don't understand how I could have gain. I finally got 16 oz of Gatorade down it the most since I had my surgery 2 week ago. I don't know it it fluid or not. Don't understand how I gain I can't Even 3 bite before I have to stop cause I feel full. Does anyone else have this problem. HELP!!!!!!

Submit "Very Pissed" to Digg Submit "Very Pissed" to del.icio.us Submit "Very Pissed" to StumbleUpon Submit "Very Pissed" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I weight on Friday 179 then Saturday 180. Don't understand why I gain in one day. Very. Pissed
    Best suggestion is don't weigh every day! You'll drive yourself crazy with little fluctuations like this.
    Your weight will fluctuate up to three pounds everyday simply based on the food and water you've taken in and whether or not you've gone to the washroom lately. If you're going to weigh everyday be sure to do it at the exact same time. The better idea would be to weigh once a week so you don't drive yourself crazy.
    Put the scale away. Once a week only! Same day, same time, naked. It takes the first 3 weeks for your bodily fluids to adjust. Even after that, there will be weeks that you lose, and weeks that you don't. It's mostly nothing you are doing right or wrong, it's just the way your body responds to a serious decrease in calories. You need to go back to older blogs and read, read, read. Had you done that before, you wouldn't be feeling this way now.
    I think for the first month don't way yourself! Ppl can become very obsessed over the scale.
    Look at the big pitcher you had surgery! Your body has to adjusted to it just like your mind! Put it away for a couple weeks. (:
    First of all, it takes 4-6 weeks for your body to adjust after surgery (fluids, drugs, etc.). That is true for ANY surgery. Secondly, your body goes through daily fluctuations of weight loss/gain. Many doctors and nutritionists will tell you to only weigh yourself once a week or once a month; otherwise, you will get frustrated, angry and want to quit. I agree with those above that say put the scale away and limit the amount of times you weigh yourself. Finally, you will read hundreds and hundreds of posts on here that there is a stall between 2-4 weeks. This is because of the dramatic weight loss your body has just experienced and your body needs time to adjust to that weight. As frustrating as it is, realize that this stall is normal and that there is not much you can do to make it end sooner. Just keep focusing on getting in your liquids and starting to reintroduce your body to proteins. Once you are comfortable getting in your liquids and proteins, you can start adding in fruits and veggies. Remember slow and steady wins the race.
    Everyone's suggestion to put the scale away is sound. Remember that it's not really about the number on the scale. It's also about the way your clothes fit and the way you feel. As long as you feel happy and healthy, that's really what it's all about. Personally, I've been at the same weight for the past 3 weeks and although it is frustrating, my body is just regrouping. It's been through a lot since my surgery. Best of luck to you... it will get better.
    Remember, your body has recently gone through and is still recovering from major surgery. As others have mentioned hide the scales.
    I agree with everyone. Have your significant other hide the scale. Just get on it once a week. Otherwise you will be pissed a lot. Start looking at how your clothes fit and how you feel. Hang in there.
    Weigh yourself one time per week and right after you use the bathroom in the morning ONLY. When your day starts and you drink or eat anything, it will always show on the scale, plus, if you are still mensing or have eaten something salt heavy, that will affect the scale. Just don't weigh everyday...
    I am different S I do weigh everyday, but at the same time,morning naked, and keep up with it. You will fluctuate and a couple of pounds is no cause for worry. You WILL lose the weight just don't drive yourself crazy with the numbers. I have always used my clothes as a great indicator of how I am doing. Too lose or too tight? Looks good or to small? Inches do not always come off with pounds so relax, it will happen!