Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

hersheygurl007

Is he serious?!!!!

Rate this Entry
Hey Family,
Well today was my 2 month post op, I have been doing good ,I thought (lost 37-39lbs, between dr scale/mine). So I go in get weighed and I'm happy. I exercise 5 days a week, and I drink protein shakes 2 times a day, then cottage cheese, egg beaters, tuna, yogurt etc. for 3rd meal. Oh and about 3-4 16oz bottles of water a day.
First of all I just got to the point where I'm able to drink a entire shake(25g) a few days ago, and I've been on protein water, yogurt, beef jerky, sf popsicles, sf pudding, broth and baby food for a month and a half.
He comes in and says," Hey Looking good"(before opening my chart).
Of course I smile and say Thank you!
Then after opening my chart, he says, Your down 11lbs since your last visit.
In my eyes that's good, right? Apparently NOT!! He says I thought it would have been a little more in 3wks, maybe 13-15lbs.
All I could so was smile and say, Well with all the exercise I do 5 days a week, I'm sure the fat has turned to muscle!!! sarcastically .
I'm so sorry I didn't mean it like that, he said.
I just let him have it after that!!!
Did you and your wife sleep in different bedrooms last night?, Maybe the breakfast was burned?, or Did that American Express bill come in yesterday?
Whatever the reason may be, don't ever come to me like that again!!
I believed his apology was genuine because I know that's not his character after a year of knowing him and calling him with every question/concerns that I've ever had. And after I ripped him a new one I felt awful. I also apologized and explained to him, that in the last few years, I've gotten that fat joke from others, didn't expect it from him.
I felt even more awful after he said, He was truly shocked because I'm usually the one who says, "I think I should have lost more in the three weeks prior"
He was being or trying to be humorous and I took it all the way out of context.
But you know what, I didn't sleep with my wife last night, I was at the ER all night, I don't know if the breakfast was burned, I didn't get any, and Yes the AMX bill came and it's HIGH as HELL!!!
We laughed and laughed and then laughed some more, so much his wife knocked on the door and asked , Was everything alright?!!!
He said your still my favorite patient. Even if you did rip me anew one, now I know what your really made of.

Submit "Is he serious?!!!!" to Digg Submit "Is he serious?!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Is he serious?!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Is he serious?!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds like a great doctor if he is able to see that he was out of line and laugh about getting set straight. Congrats on the 11 lbs. I think that along with all the time at the gym and the healthy diet are great reasons to celebrate.
    He really is a Great Doctor!! and Thanks Jim, That's why I love you.
    The one thing I've noticed since my surgery is that I more readily say what is on my mind if something really bothers me rather than hold it in like I used to. I can no longer console myself with food so the emotions have to go somewhere. I'm sure your doctor has heard worse from his patients.
    sounds like u are doing great dont let that dr discourage u everyone one loses at their own pace. Just keep doing what u are supposed to do... sounds like u are