Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

baztazusa

5 1/2months post surgery, 60 pounds off

Rate this Entry
Does anyone else hit these lags in weight loss? I seem to hit walls that I have to almost starve myself through to get down even a few pounds! The weight seems to be coming off my extemities more than the chest and torso too, although I have lost 8 inches on my waist so far. I guess I am just impatient?

Submit "5 1/2months post surgery, 60 pounds off" to Digg Submit "5 1/2months post surgery, 60 pounds off" to del.icio.us Submit "5 1/2months post surgery, 60 pounds off" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 1/2months post surgery, 60 pounds off" to Google

Comments

Everyone has to have stalls, they are part of the process. I, too, have to fight for every pound, but sometimes I think the answer is to eat more instead of less. Sometimes that works for me better than dropping too low. It just slows the metabolism down even more. I am on the very low side of the thyroid, and so just have a slower metabolism than most. But I know I will eventually get there.
    How many calories are you eating a day?
    Make sure not to drop to low becasue your slowing your metabolism.
    Try more nutrious snacks if possible and mix up your exercise routine
    Congrats on the weight loss..that's awesome!
    I have noticed that I will lose a good chunk of weight for about 1.5 weeks and then stall for about 3 weeks. I know it differs for everyone though.
    Every person is different. I have experienced stalls here and there and what I would do is go two days hitting protein and liquids. I would have a protein bar for breakfast (with coffee, can't seem to live without it), protein shake for lunch and protein shake for dinner. If I got hungry I would have sugar free jello or popcicles...that usually got me over the hump. Kacie77 hit the nail on the head with exercise too...gotta mix it up when you can, if you run alot...do stairs instead for a week. Keep up the good work.