Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ji_ll_ian

Getting Over Myself Is Easier Than I Thought It Would Be!

Rate this Entry
So Wow... all of this time I have been too embarrassed, too self-conscious to do water aerobics. Why? Because I didn't want anyone to see me in a swim suit. It is really sad, as now that I have done it, I see that it isn't such a big deal at all. There are quite a few WLS people in my class, and nobody (well, except the one ripped lady with the knee injury) looks that great in a bathing suit. And nobody CARES what I look like, except for ME. I put off something that can improve my health for so long, for, as it turns out, no reason at all. I swear, I hope none of you make the same mistake. Does the main gym still terrify me? Yup. Will I tackle it one of these days? Most definitely. Who CARES what anyone thinks? Most people at the gym are more accepting than I ever gave them credit for. If my 368lb ass can do it, anyone can. Hope everyone has a great day!

Submit "Getting Over Myself Is Easier Than I Thought It Would Be!" to Digg Submit "Getting Over Myself Is Easier Than I Thought It Would Be!" to del.icio.us Submit "Getting Over Myself Is Easier Than I Thought It Would Be!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Getting Over Myself Is Easier Than I Thought It Would Be!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This is a huge victory - congrats! With an attitude like that, you will definitely succeed!
    Great attitude!
    You can DO IT!
    I can so relate to that story! I am soooo self conscious also. I am proud of you for as you say "getting over yourself"
    Congrats - love your attitude
    Fantastic news. It will open a whole new life for you in the pool. I know women that are under 150 lbs and would not wear shorts, let alone a swimsuit. We all have our insecurities but good you have moved past one and you will be better for it.