Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

naschroeder

Nice Soup Alternative ;o)

Rate this Entry
Some of you may have already found this little delight, but I'm just finding it and thought I would share with others. I'm on the full liquid part of my post op diet and tomorrow I start the pureed diet. While in the store checking out the soup isle, I came across Campbell's "Go" soups in a bag. These are NOT the same as the "Soup to go" in the can. They have 5-6 different flavors like Chorizo and black bean and Morrocan chicken. They have chunks of food in it, so I have been putting it in my food processor until smooth. Sometimes I add some water to thin it out. They have AMAZING flavor and make me forget I'm just eating soup. Hits the craving spot every time. BEST PART OF IT......many are low in fat and have a ton of protein. This has definitely help me get closer to my protein goal everyday. Hope this helps someone out. If nothing else, a little flavor blast. Lol.

Submit "Nice Soup Alternative ;o)" to Digg Submit "Nice Soup Alternative ;o)" to del.icio.us Submit "Nice Soup Alternative ;o)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Nice Soup Alternative ;o)" to Google

Comments

Ty for the post I will be definitely trying this but wouldn't I have to wait until the purée part of the diet my gr says 2 wks liquid diet
    You know what, I've been seeing those in like every grocery store lately on the end caps, I guess they are really promoting them now. Glad to hear that they are very tasty, so now I can try one!
    I am going to the store today and will pick some up, tired of what I have on hand to eat. Thanks!
    Oooh, I gotta go look for those. Both those flavors you mention sound like ones that I would like. Odd, before I lost weight I only wanted soups when the weather was cold. Now I seem to enjoy them all the time.

Thanks!
    I'm 6 months out and on solids, but I'd like to try these. Thanks!
    Ooh! Cant wait to try them! Thanks for sharing )
    The curry one was my favorite, it had a picture of a guy, making a wierd face on it, it was HEAVENLY!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedracer
    The curry one was my favorite, it had a picture of a guy, making a wierd face on it, it was HEAVENLY!
    What was "heavenly"? The guy on the label or the soup? Lol