Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MOMX2

Gall Bladder being removed tomorrow!

Rate this Entry
So, I posted two weeks ago about the most horrific pain that put me in the ER for about six hours two weeks ago. Well, I met with the surgeon Tuesday and learned that I do have gall stones. I never want to experience that type of pain again so I am having my gall bladder removed tomorrow morning at 6:00 am.

Hoping my recovery is very quick and with little pain as I fly to Seattle Tuesday for a 3 day training. Wish me luck! For those experienced in this surgery (not at the same time as the sleeve) would you recommend travel so soon after?

Thanks all for your support!

Submit "Gall Bladder being removed tomorrow!" to Digg Submit "Gall Bladder being removed tomorrow!" to del.icio.us Submit "Gall Bladder being removed tomorrow!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Gall Bladder being removed tomorrow!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck! You should be able to travel after, as long as you feel ok and take it easy.
    Been there had the t shirt! I had gall stones 4 months in England before it was diagnosed. The pain is worse than child birth! You will feel so much better when it is done. I was told I could eat normally afterwards. But occasionally Somethings that are high in fat sail through me..so they got that wrong. If only I had been told i couldn't eat fat I wouldn't be here today..anyway good luck with your surgery and you will be great afterwards. All the best Hev
    I had gallbladder out 5 yrs ago. I think you should make sure to pack light as lifting heavy things could cause some trouble. make sure to bring the pain pills with you in case. Also as the previous post stated. No gall bladder=runny bowels if you eat high fat food. Problem is that a lot of high protein food has high fat so be careful if you are traveling. Hope all goes well.
    I just went to the Er yesterday and found out I too have gallstones. Went to my fam. doctor today and hes planning on doing more tests. I just wish they would take it out, but he is reluctant so close after sleeve surgery. Anyway, I know what you are going thru. Good Luck
    I had to have my gall bladder removed 9 months to the day of my sleeve surgery!! Supposedly rapid weight loss can spur gall bladder issues... well so I hear...

I will say this... My sleeve surgery was a breeze compared to having my gall bladder out... Much more painful and harder recovery... at least for me but I am glad it's out because the gall bladder attacks were the worst pain I have ever felt...

Good Luck!